300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
    thats cool i used to lived in Jersey...so Newark was pretty close to.....hey did u ever wanted to join Custom Boarder Protection for Newark or JFK....i wonder why they never had recent opening....now thats a real sable job compare to TSO
    actually thats where i want to be..either customs and border protection or ICE(immigration and customs enforcement)...i heard from someone who is a CBP and he told me they are going to come out with openings i check usajobs.gov every day for this. but i don't know why they dont have any openings i cant wait until they do.
    Exam: 8332 6/09

GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12

R.I.P BROTHER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

Comment

Originally posted by apple718 View Post
      actually thats where i want to be..either customs and border protection or ICE(immigration and customs enforcement)...i heard from someone who is a CBP and he told me they are going to come out with openings i check usajobs.gov every day for this. but i don't know why they dont have any openings i cant wait until they do.
      that be awesome if CBP is hiring....be sure to pm a bro up

Comment

ill pm you if something new comes out....good luck

R.I.P BROTHER

Comment

thanks buddy

Comment

Guys they just had openings about 5 months ago, give them a few more months.

ICE will be hiring soon for IEA(Immigration Enforcement Agent), which is a MUCH better job than CBP Officer.

It takes about a year from exam to hire for ICE... well worth the wait though.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post

ICE will be hiring soon for IEA(Immigration Enforcement Agent), which is a MUCH better job than CBP Officer.

thats great too...whats the requirement ...cause i only have a associate degree and a 3 year military ....hope its enough for ICE

Comment

what type of 2 offer did u get.....
                After I passed the test, I recieved an email with an offer for Birmingham Alabama and leter that night I got a call from a woman who offered me Aspen Colorado. I just started the process around the 23rd or so of October, the listings on USAjobs said "many vacancies" on all the airports listed so I guess they really need people. hopefully that means getting hired quickly if you go where the demand is.

I live in Florida but am young with no kids, mortgage, ect so I have no problem moving for work. They said I do not have to pick which airport until my background clears.

Comment

One more thing, I just caught the last IEA announcement that closed in early September. There is a great thread on this site for IEA with tons of info for anyone interested. From what I have learned, they only put out announcements once or twice a year so it could be awhile before another one opens up.

I think military and an AA will be enough to qualify, they take educaton, experience, or a combo of both. Check the thread I mentioned to double check.

Comment

i am assuming IEA would be under homeland security..but is it that same dep as ICE or are they their own dept?

R.I.P BROTHER

Comment

Keep in mind that CBPO's just got GS-12. I believe IEA's are limited to GS-9 unless they promote to deportation officer.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        Keep in mind that CBPO's just got GS-12. I believe IEA's are limited to GS-9 unless they promote to deportation officer.
                        that stinks if IEA is only limited to GS-9...

Comment

I go in to take my assessment on Thursday, hopefully I am close to finishing the process.

Comment

that stinks if IEA is only limited to GS-9...
                            But take it from me, once you're in ICE its so much easier to move around within because they love hiring within. Its actually easier than from CBP trying to get into ICE. Having GS-12 and creating a position that will let us follow through on seizures and arrests instead of turning everything over to ICE now is nice but theres sooo much more CBP needs to do to retain personel. It is a good step in the right direction though.
                            N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                            Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                            Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                            Passed(2:50):JST
                            Passed:Mini-Medical
                            January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                            Medical: Passed
                            PT Test: Passed
                            Qualifications GS7: Done
                            VBT: Passed
                            Backround: Done
                            Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                            Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                            Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                            CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

Originally posted by macdo002 View Post
                              I go in to take my assessment on Thursday, hopefully I am close to finishing the process.
                              thats cool dude...mine is next Friday....i think were pretty close to landing this job

Comment

I'm actually done just waiting for orientation
                                NYPD
                                Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2034 users online. 137 members and 1897 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X