Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transportation Security Administration

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    very true, Fed Benefits aren't the best. Everything is out of pocket. They are just now getting a dental and eyeglass plan. of course out of pocket too

    Local Police have the Feds beat. NYPD blows them away in that department.
    Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
    --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by conzept View Post
      The link for corrections doesn't come out anymore! Care to share the job title?
      Federal Correctional Officer for the Bureau of Prisons. They have an open public announcement and you could apply for MDC Brooklyn since the OP lives in NYC. It pays a lot better than TSO.

      http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...4+14%3a48%3a00
      TheKansan
      Forum Member
      Last edited by TheKansan; 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


      BOP - BPA - ICE

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
        so...im schedule to take the test on Mon..i wondering does anybody have any inside on the position of Transportation Security Officer ....would like to know a little something about this position before i get hired...thx
        i took the test 8/28/09....i still have not been hired...i accepted the contingent offer(30 mins after i left the building) passed the credit check now i am waiting for the airport assessment...also i heard from a friend that tsa hires part time at first and you have to wait for full time
        Exam: 8332 6/09


        GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12



        R.I.P BROTHER
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by apple718 View Post
          i took the test 8/28/09....i still have not been hired...i accepted the contingent offer(30 mins after i left the building) passed the credit check now i am waiting for the airport assessment...also i heard from a friend that tsa hires part time at first and you have to wait for full time
          part time...that sucks...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
            part time...that sucks...
            ye i know...but he told me that's how everyone gets hired...go figure and plus rite now i am 24 with no job...and also i plan on staying in homeland security so maybe it will pay off in the long run
            Exam: 8332 6/09


            GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12



            R.I.P BROTHER
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

            Comment


            • #21
              Tso

              I am like everyone else, I am going to take this job just because it is A JOB!!

              I applied in late october, took the test on the 26th, was told I passed and recieved two offers by the end of that day. I have filled out all those backround forms in Equip and found out I passed the credit check. Everything has gone fast so far, I hope I get hired soon because I need some money!

              I am also trying to get in with ICE but I have heard their hiring process is slow so hopefully I start this job and it can hold me over for a year or so until I can get something good.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by macdo002 View Post
                I am like everyone else, I am going to take this job just because it is A JOB!!

                I applied in late october, took the test on the 26th, was told I passed and recieved two offers by the end of that day. I have filled out all those backround forms in Equip and found out I passed the credit check. Everything has gone fast so far, I hope I get hired soon because I need some money!

                I am also trying to get in with ICE but I have heard their hiring process is slow so hopefully I start this job and it can hold me over for a year or so until I can get something good.
                what type of 2 offer did u get.....

                Comment


                • #23
                  macdo002...check pm


                  roninjin..how far along are you? in the whole process?
                  Exam: 8332 6/09


                  GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12



                  R.I.P BROTHER
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by apple718 View Post
                    macdo002...check pm


                    roninjin..how far along are you? in the whole process?
                    i passed the computer test....then i faxed them my credit form and release statement...and from there ..im just waiting for now....so thats bout it....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
                      i passed the computer test....then i faxed them my credit form and release statement...and from there ..im just waiting for now....so thats bout it....
                      so you took the cbt...then you faxed in your 2811 and 2812 forms...

                      where and when did you take the exam?
                      for which airport?
                      did you except the contingent offer?
                      do you log in to the candidate dashboard to check on the status?
                      Exam: 8332 6/09


                      GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12



                      R.I.P BROTHER
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by apple718 View Post
                        so you took the cbt...then you faxed in your 2811 and 2812 forms...

                        where and when did you take the exam?
                        for which airport?
                        did you except the contingent offer?
                        do you log in to the candidate dashboard to check on the status?
                        i took the exam last Monday in flushing NY at ACS....and i did faxed in my 2811 and 2812 forms....as for the contingent offer...i did accept on their website and as of currently my status is in progress for credit check...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          which airport is this for? and do you remember how long did you have to wait since you applied for this job?....i am done with credit check i am just waiting for the airport to call me
                          Exam: 8332 6/09


                          GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12



                          R.I.P BROTHER
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by apple718 View Post
                            which airport is this for? and do you remember how long did you have to wait since you applied for this job?....i am done with credit check i am just waiting for the airport to call me
                            JFK ...i applied like sometime in March-May i think...then they got my application in July..then just recently email me an invitation to test....supposely from the customer service i talk to ...they would say its 2-4 months before hire...alot faster than NYPD thats for sure,,,,

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              i applied in july..so in the past 4 months ... i am waiting for the airport i guess it pretty quick but i haven't got called yet and who knows when that will be but the only down side it that i live 15 mins from JFk but my app was for Newark but im not going to complain
                              Exam: 8332 6/09


                              GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12



                              R.I.P BROTHER
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by apple718 View Post
                                i applied in july..so in the past 4 months ... i am waiting for the airport i guess it pretty quick but i haven't got called yet and who knows when that will be but the only down side it that i live 15 mins from JFk but my app was for Newark but im not going to complain
                                thats cool i used to lived in Jersey...so Newark was pretty close to.....hey did u ever wanted to join Custom Boarder Protection for Newark or JFK....i wonder why they never had recent opening....now thats a real sable job compare to TSO

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4097 users online. 258 members and 3839 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X