300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Security Administration

so...im schedule to take the test on Mon..i wondering does anybody have any inside on the position of Transportation Security Officer ....would like to know a little something about this position before i get hired...thx

Do a search.. there are countless threads on the subject.

Good luck!
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

You will get tired doing baggage checks, also you yourself will get very tired at EOT.

You will also get very sick and tired of repeating the steps of "remove shoes, metal objects from your pockets and laptops out of their bags".

Gotta get boring after a while.

They have a great incentive on TSP, you contribute as much as you want and uncle sam puts in 5% on top of what you put in.

Benefits still suck. Out of pocket per pay check, not for free.

Time off and whatever is I think one day per packcheck for sick and regular leave.

The only real incentive here is that you are an 1800 series employee. Non L/E or anything really special, but it is good for transfers as your time carries to any other fed agency. After 3 years you become a permanent employee and your time still counts even after you resign and do something else and then yet again come back to fed employment.

goodluck.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

great so far....keep the info coming guys...thx

Comment

I went trew the whole process for TSA for islip airport. Passed everything never heard anything again from them. Its been about 3 years. Background is a joke, no real background check. I dont even think they interviewed anyone of my ref. or former jobs. As for the test i thought it was some what hard, but received a passing score in my email by the time i got home.

Comment

Hey Roninjin when did you apply for TSA? I recently did as well and I'm looking for info hiring and pay wise!

Comment

i did it a while back...say 4-8 months ago...they are just now emailing me back that i made the initially requirement and ask that i call them for test location and appointment...so i did....back then after getting out of the military i would never consider this job over other LE jobs...but currently my piggy bank is hurting and my dream LE jobs aren't hiring .. so i may reconsider this job for the time being...as for the pay and such..
              u can check their web site
              http://www.tsa.gov/who_we_are/index.shtm

Comment

I would avoid this job unless economically necessary.Its nothing even remotely close to law enforcement.

Turnover is super high, and morale is very low.

Whenever a job is constantly open you have to scratch your head and say why?
                Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
                --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

Originally posted by nycfed View Post
                  I would avoid this job unless economically necessary.Its nothing even remotely close to law enforcement.

Turnover is super high, and morale is very low.

Whenever a job is constantly open you have to scratch your head and say why?
                  no choice at this point...economy stinks, jobs aren't hiring, NYPD is taking forever....i take any job nowadays just so as long as it has some standard standing

Comment

Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
                    no choice at this point...economy stinks, jobs aren't hiring, NYPD is taking forever....i take any job nowadays just so as long as it has some standard standing
                    http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...9+09%3a46%3a00
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

thx...i going to look into Correction....

Comment

Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
                        i did it a while back...say 4-8 months ago...they are just now emailing me back that i made the initially requirement and ask that i call them for test location and appointment...so i did....back then after getting out of the military i would never consider this job over other LE jobs...but currently my piggy bank is hurting and my dream LE jobs aren't hiring .. so i may reconsider this job for the time being...as for the pay and such..
                        u can check their web site
                        http://www.tsa.gov/who_we_are/index.shtm
                        Wow I applied a month ago! Guess I gotta wait a while then even though your in NY I'm in MIA so it might be different. I hear ya man I'm in the same boat as far as LE goes! Economy is messing everything up! At least this job is a foot in the door the Federal way. Better than nothing in other words!...Keep me posted on your results, Good Luck buddy!!

Comment

The link for corrections doesn't come out anymore! Care to share the job title?

Comment

Federal Corrections is 6c covered. They are Federal Law Enforcement.
                            Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
                            --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                              They have a great incentive on TSP, you contribute as much as you want and uncle sam puts in 5% on top of what you put in.

Benefits still suck. Out of pocket per pay check, not for free.

Time off and whatever is I think one day per packcheck for sick and regular leave.
                              if they're feds, then the benefits continue to degrade (while costing more) since the 60s. it's not at all like the myths would make you think.

even self-only insurance is out-of-pocket.
                              the fed is betting you don't contribute to the TSP so they save money.
                              leave is a graduated scale.

sick leave: 4 hours per 2-week pay period no increases over your career but also no cap on accummulated S/L.

annual leave: 240 hours max carry over per year or lose the excess (use or lose). years 1-3 4hrs/pp, years 4-15 6hrs/pp, years 15-on 8hrs/pp.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2058 users online. 142 members and 1916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X