Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph8119
    replied
    At the NYPD academy gym Mr.Clean, cleaned our clocks in late1978, Skippy was another story before being accepted in the department at Lefrak City with his filled coffee can of with Gigs and yes bull.....crap! LOL
    Last edited by Ralph8119; 11-05-2011, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph8119
    replied
    Originally posted by coach1299 View Post
    Does anyone from NYPD remember Skippy? He was the scrawny red faced guy (apparent elbow bender) that processed applicants (I think in medical) and sarcastically referred to everyone as "Skippy". His name wasn't actually Skippy, but he earned it because so many guys coming on the job remembered the scrawny and cranky little wise guy that called everyone "hey Skippy". I think I caught him towards the end of his police time in the early 80's, but I think it was worth a mention because it might be good laugh for some NYPD guys that came on from some point in 70's through the early to mid 80's. So many guys wanted to strangle him. The other famous guy from that time frame was Mr. Clean. Anyone remember either one?
    I do remember psych services at Lefrak City, we were all SKIPPY and can we forget the coffee can filled with butts, never get there late!

Leave a comment:

• coach1299
    started a topic Skippy and Mr. Clean were classics!

Skippy and Mr. Clean were classics!

Does anyone from NYPD remember Skippy? He was the scrawny red faced guy (apparent elbow bender) that processed applicants (I think in medical) and sarcastically referred to everyone as "Skippy". His name wasn't actually Skippy, but he earned it because so many guys coming on the job remembered the scrawny and cranky little wise guy that called everyone "hey Skippy". I think I caught him towards the end of his police time in the early 80's, but I think it was worth a mention because it might be good laugh for some NYPD guys that came on from some point in 70's through the early to mid 80's. So many guys wanted to strangle him. The other famous guy from that time frame was Mr. Clean. Anyone remember either one?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3859 users online. 177 members and 3682 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X