300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Hiring/Firing Story, And Where Some People End Up

Anything is possible with NYPD. Back in the early 80's an old girlfriend talked me into taking the test with her. I wasn't that interested in NYPD, but it was her #1 dream pick. Originally a department doctor told me I had a heart murmur and put me on medical preview. A year later another department doctor reviewed me, laughed and cleared me, and said "you don't have a heart murmur, good luck" And so off I went on through the rest of the hiring process and into the academy, into an NSU rookie assignment, and then off probation out of NSU and into the 34th pct. On the other hand my girlfriend was told that she had medical issues and would not be cleared for the same class as me. Contrary to that statement they notified her a day or so before the academy started and told her to report for orientation and training which she did. She graduated the academy with me and was assigned to NSU 7 in the South Bronx. I was in 9 a little further north in the Bronx. She never heard another word from medical about anything and was doing fine and loving her job. Then she was called into personnel the day before her last day of probation and advised that she was terminated for medical reasons, but they were non specific. Needles to say she wasn't happy. She obtained legal help and fought it for years without success. A few years later she was hired by a NJ PD and decided to drop the NYPD issue. Within a few years of becoming a cop in NJ, she married a sergeant in that department and retired with an injury a few years after being hired. Her husband also retired about the same time with her after completing his service time. Now she's a lawyer that represents injured cops. Isn't it funny how it all works out!! Sorry about the long story, but I felt compelled to share that because you'll never know where you'll end up after getting involved with NYPD. Oh yeah, about her and I; we ended up just being friends before we became cops, went to each others weddings, and are still friends today. Most of the guys here on the forum seem to talk more about going no the job, but it really gets intersting to hear where people end up after the job.

very interesting read...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by EldoEsq View Post
      very interesting read...thanks for sharing!
      wow
      what a dream shatter for her in the nypd
      ....Knowledge Is Power....

Comment

just asking whats nsu?

Comment

Neighborhood Stabilization Unit-now known as IMPACT in its curent incarnation
          Originally posted by mgm1 View Post
          just asking whats nsu?
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Ain't the NYPD just grand. detect the sarcasm. And the boobs, the docs, not the cops, at Lefrak, wow. They can't even figure out wether to give us H1N1 vaccines. I called today and was told that Traffic is getting them ahead of us? I said HHHHUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH, how is that possible. But alas when it comes to our wonderful medical dept.........guess they didn't read about our guy who died 2 months ago from it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2502 users online. 167 members and 2335 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X