300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD walk in test?

I have a quick question for those who have taken the walk in test. How long (as in time not amount of questions) is the test? Thanks in advanced, I am just trying to plan my day.

The test is 3 hours, be prepared to spend 5 and a half hours, so you can grab a spot.

Comment

when is the next walk in test? maybe i should take another one since my exam expires next year.

i'm 90% sure if i dont get in by jan or maybe july that thats it for me.... but you never know. better safe then sorry.

Comment

walk ins

Go to NYPD Recruit web site.

Several months ago somebody posted that there were no more walk ins, if that was accurate or is still accurate should be stated on that site.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
          Go to NYPD Recruit web site.

Several months ago somebody posted that there were no more walk ins, if that was accurate or is still accurate should be stated on that site.
          That was a crappy rumor too, since they never even stopped them. I just took mine last month.

Comment

this is all thats available....

Walk in and take our free NYPD Police Officer Exam at the City's Computerized Testing Center in lower Manhattan. (POLICE OFFICER Exam. No. 0308)

2 Lafayette Street 17th floor
            New York, NY 10007

October 1, 2009 through October 31, 2009:

Monday: 10am, 2pm, and 6:30pm
            Tuesday: 2pm, 6:30pm
            Wednesday: 10am, 2pm, and 6:30pm
            Thursday: 2pm
            Friday: 10am and 2pm
            Saturday: 10am and 2pm
            Test Center will be closed on Monday, October 12th & Saturday, October 17th
            "I am the master of my Fate:
            I am the Captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Comment

has anybody gone in and taken any of these? I'm guessing we just have to show up? (hence the 'walk-in' title)

Comment

Get there early. There's a limited number of computers and whatnot.

Comment

and predetermined test-start times. you can't just stroll in lol.

Comment

show up early i went to two of these test one for me and one for my girl, i took the morning test and it was packed within 1-2 hours before the test and i had to sign up for a text being taken the next day...

However I took my girl in for the night test got there within an hour of the test and there wasnt many people there, i took the corrections there was 5 people with me and like 10 taking the NYPD test...get there at minimun an hour before and shoot for an evening test seemed to be less busy...
                    "I am the master of my Fate:
                    I am the Captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Comment

walk in tests scores

does any know know about walk in test policies? Will a .706 be rounded up to the next whole number when my final score is mailed?

Are walk in scores usually lower, higher, or the same as paper scores? From what I could tell when people left no one seemed overly excited about their scores...I'm guessing a lot of 80s and 70s probably no, or few, 100s or high 90s. Most people asked about the residency credit after getting their purposed scores

Is the same exact test given daily throughout the month? Or does the computer have a question database that creates a slightly different test everyday? I noticed that you can withdraw at any time and not get graded w/o any apparent penalties- is there a safeguard setup for applicants so that others do not have an unfair advantage by withdrawing then retesting another day?

Comment

The computer mixes it up. When I was walking into the room I glanced at a question on someone else's screen and I never got the same question they received.

Comment

Just took the 2pm walk-in exam (0308-52, I believe) yesterday on Halloween. Took Amtrak up from Philly.

Took the exam with about 20-30 other people. There were more people for the other exams, corrections, etc.

Walked in at 1230, filled out an application at 1245, sat in a holding area until 115 or so, then was taken to do paperwork until 130 or so. From there we took the test.

3 hour, 85 question test. It isn't hard, but it isn't easy. Its a marathon, and it tests your ability to stay focused and be detail oriented more than anything else.

I scored a 91.xxx and I have no idea how the others did.

It was nerve racking, but once I got settled in it wasn't so bad.
                          NYPD
                          Exam Taken 10/31/09
                          Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                          List Number: 5xx

PPB
                          Exam: Passed
                          PAT: Passed
                          Oral Board: Passed
                          Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                          Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

You wouldn't believe the amount of times they had to say "NO CELLPHONES OUT" in the waiting area. I mean seriously..

And I still remember all the details from the damn picture!
                            Last edited by LINY; 11-01-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

LINY-- what was your picture? I had an officer in the center radioing for backup with an apparent gunshot victim laying on the ground.

Also, like you said, despite the incredible amounts of "NO CELLPHONES ALLOWED" one guy had his ring easily 5-6 times while we were waiting. I was really hoping someone would notice and DQ him, because I was getting annoyed.
                              NYPD
                              Exam Taken 10/31/09
                              Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                              List Number: 5xx

PPB
                              Exam: Passed
                              PAT: Passed
                              Oral Board: Passed
                              Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                              Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3017 users online. 133 members and 2884 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X