Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it 30 or 25

Simple question that I keep getting different answers to

Is it 25 years or 30 years to retire for Court Officer?
    As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

New hires are 30 years of service at age 55 = 60% of final average salary. Retiring between age 55 and 62 with less than 30 years service incurs a penalty. 25 years service at age 62 = 50% final average salary. This is a modification of Tiers 2,3 7 4 for Court Officers that went into effect in 1988 (if my memory serves me.)

Comment

Thank you...I was afraid of the answer being 30 years.
      As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

Not sure if your time transfers over at the start, definitely comes in at the back end if you are NYC DOC. NYS DOC, I believe time counts from the start.
        Last edited by Dinosaur32; 10-27-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Don"t be scared of the 30. It's alot easier than doing 20 in the pens.

Comment

Originally posted by nysco View Post
            Don"t be scared of the 30. It's alot easier than doing 20 in the pens.
            I definitally hear that. It will be a tough call. Depending on how long it takes for them to process me I will have anywhere from 4 to 5 years on by the time I would be in the academy. 15 years left compared to 30 is a big difference.

Comment

its 30 years but you get 60%... so its esentially the same as a PO.....
              "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

I have 29 years and a few months. 30 is too long regardless of the 60% If it weren't for the poor economic times you wouldn't see so many people clamoring for this and other L/E jobs. In oca if you aren't a robe, they have no use for you and I have it good,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5374 users online. 296 members and 5078 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X