300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true?

I could not believe it but, i just got off the phone with a recruiter and i was asking some questions such as "Would someone with military background have a better chance getting called rather then one not having any background information" and she said as long as you score high they will call you.

But then i asked her, how many officers have been hired since the last test in 2007 and she replied back by saying "None"

So it has been two years since the last test and not one officer has been hired?

Why is suffolk like this? why don't they hire, i do think we need more officers out on the roads. but then again, my words do not mean $hit.

She pretty much said you have a great chance if you get a very high grade she said 97 or higher would be great. and the list is good for 4 years.

Don't be discourage.
    NYPD Exam:2311
    Let the process begin!

NCPD Exam:2000
    Score: Pending...

SCPD
    Score: Passed/No call

Suffolk Corrections:
    Score: Passed/No call yet

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD
    Score: Qualified.

NYSP
    Exam: Oct 12th 2013

So from reading the barrage of posts and threads you've started it seems you are very interested in being a Police Officer. Here is a little advice, take the tests, be patient, most test were given 2007-2009 your going to have to wait until 2011-2013 for the next large batch of tests.

2 - Don't assume anything taking the test is only buying the lottery ticket, you still have to wait for your number to be called, and be aware depts like nassau or suffolk may or may not even hire off that test.

3 - Look into other states and regions of the good 'ol US of A, cost of living is often cheaper, Dept's in other areas are often hiring more frequently/faster than the NY metro region, and if...big if, you ever do get called back by a NY dept. your time will probably be able to be bought back into your pension.

4 - Its good you're trying to get questions answered and find things out, but here's your first introduction into Civil Service, nobody has any idea WTF is going on, the recruiter says something different then the civil service dept, which is in direct conflict with what the news reported, which the commissioner denies, etc. Its a land full of he said, she said, speculation, don't believe it until it happens to you.

5 - I'm going to reiterate my first point, BE PATIENT! It's a long process that will not happen over night, several months, maybe years, be relaxed, be organized, but always be ready. Makes copies of important documents, especially anything you hand to a BI, make time lines and records of who you spoke to and when, always follow up and ALWAYS get a name.

Comment

Thanks' for you're reply. And yes you are correct, I'm very interested in becoming a police officer. Is their any way i can find out which states will be having any upcoming exams. Also, seeming how you're from Long Island, do you know anything about the SCSD exam? I cannot seem to find any information about that and i have been trying to call the officer but no one wants to answer the phone for me. So any information regarding other exams or anything about the SCSD would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
      Let the process begin!

SCPD

Suffolk Corrections:

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD

NYSP

Comment

another little tad bit of advice, if you get called in for an initial interview always go, i made the mistake not going answer the letters from nypd off i test i took in 03...now its 6 years later and i had to retake the test all because i thought i had a better job but in reality being a cop is what i have always wanted be....
        "I am the master of my Fate:
        I am the Captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Comment

Hurry up and wait!

Comment

Originally posted by IwantTobeANYSP View Post
            Thanks' for you're reply. And yes you are correct, I'm very interested in becoming a police officer. Is their any way i can find out which states will be having any upcoming exams. Also, seeming how you're from Long Island, do you know anything about the SCSD exam? I cannot seem to find any information about that and i have been trying to call the officer but no one wants to answer the phone for me. So any information regarding other exams or anything about the SCSD would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
            The Sheriff's exam was just given in 2008 IIRC so probably going to be 2012 before that one comes around again. NYSPP and NYSUP usually come up every 2 years, If anyone knows help me out. As for where to find other cities hiring, this site has a listing of jobs, just type into google "police jobs" and see what sites come up, some are better(ie more up to date) than others. If you have a particular city or state your interested in trying to their web site and see if they are hiring Police or Sheriff's or Troopers. There are also Federal Jobs like United States Park Police and many others to look at.

Comment

hiring

Check out Baltimore City and Washington DC, they have been hiring IIRC.

Some departments in Texas/Florida as well.

Go to each state and read every thread about jobs and visit big cities PD web sites.

Comment

What exactly is IIRC....

Let the process begin!

SCPD

Suffolk Corrections:

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD

NYSP

Comment

If I Remember Correctly
                  NYPD Exam #8310
                  Medical: Passed
                  Psychological: Passed
                  JST: Passed
                  BI: Done

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDME View Post
                    If I Remember Correctly
                    Haha thanksss
                    Let the process begin!

SCPD

Suffolk Corrections:

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD

NYSP

Comment

I have another question, i was talking to a retired captin of NYPD and he said to hand in an application for Suffolk, do you have to hand in an application to the SCPD or something?
                      Let the process begin!

SCPD

Suffolk Corrections:

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD

NYSP

Comment

mail it to suffolk county dept. of civil service - they are the ones who give the test; not the pd.

Comment

Originally posted by srq screw View Post
                          mail it to suffolk county dept. of civil service - they are the ones who give the test; not the pd.

What do i mail in?
                          Let the process begin!

SCPD

Suffolk Corrections:

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD

NYSP

Comment

Hey FYI: The New Jersey State Law enforcement civil service test opens for filing in december. Good gig out there and its a statewide test for all law enforcement agencies in NJ. I spoke to an Atlantic city PO and that's the info he gave me I looked it up and you cann apply online when it opens.
                            ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

Originally posted by IwantTobeANYSP View Post
                              What do i mail in?
                              When a test is announced, you fill out an application and mail or hand it in. Prior to the test being announced, you have nothing to send in.

.....and be prepared to wait, Civil Service moves, but it moves slow!!!
                              Last edited by Sled; 10-28-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5817 users online. 306 members and 5511 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X