Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question about the application process.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about the application process.

I just took the NYPD open competitive exam last Saturday and was wondering if I get a high 90-100 would it be possible to be called for the academy within the next year or 2? I've done everything else the JST, Psychological, Medical, and everything else except the mini medical for The Cadets and that is good for the next 2 years.
    Also in this recession would I be waiting years for a call for the academy or what? My neighbor which is a retired cop told me if I got within the top 1000 names it's possible that I can be in the academy within the next year and a half to 2 years since I've already done most of the process and also have my college credits and I will be 21 in 10 months.

if they keep the classes at 250 ppl then no you will be waiting for atleast 2-3 years even if you got a perfect 100. if they go back to the 1000+ classes then you will get called within a year.

Comment

Damn thanks. Well whom would I let know that I took everything already? I mean I have my cadets investigator, but I'm pretty sure she's completely unrelated. Also I hope this damn economy gets better.

Comment

you'll be assigned an investigator (although usually you get that at the medical)... trying calling apd and asking them, if not ask ur cadet investigator.

Comment

i believe with open competative they have to call the exams before yours first. like bkny said with 250 people per class it will take a while

Comment

Your score isnt going to put you ahead of many people except the people you took the test with. I know it was a lot but their is 1000's upon 1000's in front of you. Sooner or later they will start hiring more and a lot of candidates in front of you will either expire out or get hired. I can see you getting hired in possibly 2 years, but i am not to optimistic about it.

Comment

I heard there just taking army guys and cadets and there all going to transit. It could just be a rumor. If you do very well they can get you in by Jan. I know people that did the process in one week. My process took like 2 and a half months for the process, i started in Sept and ended in Nov.
              Last edited by TVNYC; 10-26-2009, 12:57 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by TVNYC View Post
                I heard there just taking army guys and cadets and there all going to transit. It could just be a rumor. If you do very well they can get you in by Jan. I know people that did the process in one week. He took my like 2 n a half months for the process, i started in Sept and ended in Nov.
                Cadets will be in the class before anyone as they are promoted to Police Officer since they are already Members of the Service. A cadet can get a 70 on the promotion to PO exam and you can receive a 100 on the open competitive exam and they will be hired before you even if you took the exam 3 years ago and they just took the promotional exam a 3 months ago.

Your status in the military has no bearing on when you get hired. You receive an extra 5 points if you enlisted into the military in NY if you choose to use points. If you are hired off an exam that you used your points for, you can no longer use the points (you get 2.5 points on promotional exams if you save them and didn't use them to get hired) Example: if you receive a 90 and use the 5 veteran points, you receive a 95 on the exam and are given a list number just like everyone else regardless of military status.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2182 users online. 147 members and 2035 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X