300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Class & Dilemma

I am currently in the process of re-opening my case (my exam expires this coming January). I am scheduled to take my medical exam this coming week but I have a slight dilemma.

My wife and I are expecting our first child this coming Spring; April to be exact. My question is how probable would it be that I would be allowed to take off the day from the academy, if selected of course, to see the birth of my son/daughter?

They are strict but they are not unreasonable.

A guy in my company had his first son while in the academy, he was able to take a couple days for it.
    NYPD

Comment

Huge sigh of relief! Thank you for the info.

If I get selected hopefully the instructors will also be as reasonable.

Comment

NYPD28 wrote:

"If I get selected hopefully the instructors will also be as reasonable."

It has nothing to do with the instructors, If it is the birth of you child you will get the day off, that is not a problem.
        They are strict with the days off to stop recruits from taking to many days off and falling behind, if it is really important (important as a general definition-not what the recruit thinks is important), you will get the day off. They want to keep the days off to a minimum to avoid someone falling too far behind.

Comment

So I guess its safe to say we can erase the Dilemma part of this thread.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Of course the city of New York will now own your child.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5862 users online. 331 members and 5531 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X