300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD exam help... Big mistake

Hello everyone, I just took the exam today and I know I Aced it and I honestly think I got a 98-100. I took my time and not one question I felt was tricky and I recognized all the time they tried to trick me. I've been studying for a long time and possibly have taken like 6 practice test. Well to the point.

Me and my brother took the test today and the first part when you start answering question I believe they asked if you are eligible for some sort of credit thing. I forgot what it was called, but it was a yes or no answer. I circled it in the book since I don't remember it saying to write down that specific answer on the scan tron. My brother took the test later than I did and said if you didn't write it down for number 90 it is an automatic -5 points. Is this true? And with a 93-95 would I still be considered competitive?
    My heart feels like it's about to explode so hopefully someone can light up my day or make it worst, but I'd rather know the truth.
    Also since I made that big mistake can I take another police exam and better my score by answering that damn question in the scan tron or will they always keep my lowest grade?
    Last edited by NYBseBall89; 10-17-2009, 07:33 PM.

You were supposed to fill in #90 with (a) if you live in the city or (b) if you do not. I think it was worth 5 extra points if you are a resident. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks, but is it 5 extra points or minus 5 points? Kind of 2 different things. Also would a low 90 still be competitive assuming I'm still above a 90?

Comment

Originally posted by NYBseBall89 View Post
        Thanks, but is it 5 extra points or minus 5 points? Kind of 2 different things. Also would a low 90 still be competitive assuming I'm still above a 90?
        dude i did the same thing today but i dont remember reading anything about minus points if you dont fill it in just plus points if your a resident
        Behind my Shield is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes, I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who would die for me and I for them. We stand watch together. I am fate with a Shield and a gun. The thin-blue-line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the police.

THE JOB

Comment

Originally posted by bkballer04 View Post
          dude i did the same thing today but i dont remember reading anything about minus points if you dont fill it in just plus points if your a resident
          Damn man I really hope so. Your user name makes me want to play bball right now to relieve the stress.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBseBall89 View Post
            Damn man I really hope so. Your user name makes me want to play bball right now to relieve the stress.
            lol i had 3 hour practice right before the test so im so tired....i hope i did well though it did seem real easy even the memory part
            Behind my Shield is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes, I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who would die for me and I for them. We stand watch together. I am fate with a Shield and a gun. The thin-blue-line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the police.

THE JOB

Comment

Did you just get back from the test? Mine was at 10am.

Comment

yea i got bac at like 7 or so i took the 330 one

THE JOB

Comment

If you live in the city (answered yes) you get +5 points on your score. You must pass the exam before the 5 points are added to your score.

If you do not live in the city (left it blank or answered no) you do not receive the 5 points onto your score. You WILL NOT lose points for not being a city resident.

Comment

the 5 points won't matter too much. even if you got a 71 you'd still be competitive

Comment

do scores really matter? From what I understand about hiring as long as someone passes every aspect of the process they will probably get hired eventually, they just have to wait it out. I'm not familiar w/ list expiration, but how much longer would someone who scored in the 70s wait vs 90s, are people w/ 70s scores usually the individuals who's tests expire. I wish I would have taken the test in my sophomore yr of college. Moving is probably going to be my best option if I want to work in law enforcement within the next few years.

Comment

Don't worry about your grade, if you pass you will get called. It may just take a little longer than others. And who knows, maybe by then you will have come to your senses and gone another direction.

Comment

I made the same mistake on Friday 16th, I just circled "Yes" on the booklet instead of circling something on the scan sheet. I did not see anything that said circle for number 90. Maybe I was tired thats why and I have missed it.

Anyone know when I will get my results ?

Comment

You can check your scores in 5 Mondays. The answer key will be posted on http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...examkeys.shtml. Compare the answer key to your yellow sheet.

Comment

I think you can use those points for promotional exams. It's good to save it for future use. As long as you passed, then your good. You were more then prepared for the test and you were confident that you got a great score. It's not the end of the world to get on the job with the extra 5 points.
                              NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
                              * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
                              * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
                              * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
                              * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
                              * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
                              * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2700 users online. 141 members and 2559 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X