300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Nassau County/MTA Police.

For locking up an NYPD cop who was taking police action to calm down 4 unruly passengers on the LIRR. What a disgrace.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...lirr-1.1518761

I take the LIRR everyday, if a conductor thinks Im getting involved think again. DO NOTHING!

Play hero when you're working, when you're offduty play it like you're a civilian unless faces with serious physical injury/death.

My blood is boiling over this.

Wow something doesn't seem right about that article. There has to be so much more than that...

Comment

Besides a must arrest like DWI with injuries, what would explain locking up another cop who is taking police actions on the LIRR where we are expected to, hence why we ride for free.

Its a disgrace what happened here.

Comment

I agree... The story leaves out alot of important details.With that being said, I am not going to second guess the officers that were on scene nor am I going to pass judgement on the off duty MOS.
        We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by AtreyuRock View Post
          Besides a must arrest like DWI with injuries, what would explain locking up another cop who is taking police actions on the LIRR where we are expected to, hence why we ride for free.

Its a disgrace what happened here.
          Police Action..trying to quite down disordly idiots? I could understand if these douchbags were trying to beat or rob someone..but to point your gun at people just to quite them. No officer in their right mind will do that. Like I said, there is more to the story that the ******bags left out.

Its convient how the media leaves out the important details to this story. As far as locking up another MOS..it would take an act of God for me to go that route. But lets remember brother, not everyone has that mentality.Some people feel as if they are better than other people and feel the need to flex a bit.

charges of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a felony, and second-degree menacing, a misdemeanor
          Last time I remeber, since we are a MOS, were are allowed to have in our possession of a weapon ( firearm ) . Unless the weapon was a bazooka or a uzi, why the hell did they charge him with this.Totally retarded! Menacing maybe I can see being charged with but read my statement above.

Hopefully someone here can chime in with first hand knowledge of the incident.
          Last edited by nasa808; 10-12-2009, 09:24 PM.
          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

i asked my cousin who's an mta cop... he said the rumor is the guy was hammered on the train and pulled his gun on a couple guys who were being loud which caused everybody in the train car to freak out which caused him to start pointing the gun at other people. he also said the gun wasn't registered and he caused a big scene when they started questioning him. said the witnesses they interviewed said it wasn't even close to warranted.

take it for what it is, rumors (especially rumors from an agency involved, probably trying to defend their actions)
            Last edited by options open; 10-12-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

PIECE OF ****T NEWSRAG!! the story they wrote says NOTHING of what really happened. The real story here. 16 year vet who just went over the far end. Without getting into details on the board the guys who did respond and handled the whole situation did everything possible for him. He did what he did and was 1000% wrong. This could have ended 100 diffrent ways and people could have been hurt including the responding officers. BTW he was not intox. His father is a retired NYPD det. Just a sad situation for all. The ****bags on the train deserved alot of trouble but under no circumstances a gun to the forehead. Trust me, before you monday morning quarterback Nassau PD or MTAPD, know the details. He was EDP all the way people. No one cop would want to write another cop a summons let alone an arrest that would end his career. And there were about 40 cops there so do you think they all just wanted to hang this guy? Cmon we all know better than that. There were MANY MANY witness who were on that train women, children,etc. and his action was not even close to being justified. and BTW he DID NOT identify himself as a Police officer until after he was out of the train. Trust me it was pretty bad.
              Last edited by POCHEDDAR; 10-13-2009, 01:56 AM. Reason: typo and added info
              "Stuck with the tag until further notice"

Waiting.......would be nice before I was completely gray.

Comment

Well this sucks all the way around..No matter how you slice it...

Comment

if he was and EDP he should have gone to the hospital and his gun and shield should have been vouchered for safekeeping instead of arrest evidence.
                  sigpic

Comment

First, for all that don't know, Newsday is anti cop. Second and even more so, they're anti Nassau cop. Then add in the fact that they are one of the furthest reaching, left wing liberal rags going...My point, don't believe anything you hear or read from them as being the factual version.

To the OP, please slow down & think before Monday Morning Quarterbacking any officer based upon a non-factual, heavily edited, filtered version of a story in the media.....It helps noone, not the general public who reads this board, not the officers actually involved in the arrest and definately no you. Makes you look like a jack*****.......Just my .02...
                    Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Originally posted by wpaterno View Post
                      if he was and EDP he should have gone to the hospital and his gun and shield should have been vouchered for safekeeping instead of arrest evidence.
                      nub question but what does EDP mean/stand for?
                      NYPD Exam #8310
                      Medical: Passed
                      Psychological: Passed
                      JST: Passed
                      BI: Done

Comment

Emotionally Disturbed Person

Comment

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR View Post
                          BTW he was not intox. His father is a retired NYPD det.
                          What does that have to do with him being intoxicated on a train?

Comment

I just watched the interview he did with NEWSDAY, is it just me or are their a few screws loose with this cop? You say he's an EDP, so how is he a cop with a loaded firearm? Was there no psych eval 16 years ago!??

Comment

binzo you are so right!!! something is cookoo about him. So him being interviewed..should he be doing that, especially 1 day after his arrest and suspension from the NYPD? I've always heard that you should avoid speaking in public because prosecution can use that as evidence against you.
                              NYPD Exam #8310
                              Medical: Passed
                              Psychological: Passed
                              JST: Passed
                              BI: Done

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4253 users online. 291 members and 3962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X