300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuff Holder Problems?

Im just curious to see if anyone else on here has the same problem i do, and if theres a solution to it. I currently carry two sets of handcuffs on me, one towards my back in an open cuff case and then one right up front that is hanging on one of those leather handcuff straps. This is currently my third leather strap and im getting fed up because my first two would just stop working after a while. Im not sure what the problem is, but i would no longer be able to push the strapbutton down and open it to retreave the handcuffs. Is there a way to prevent this? Or do these straps after time just stop working?

Alright i took a picture of the strap off my belt and im adding it incase people dont know what im talking about..

Last edited by NYPDxJx; 10-11-2009, 11:21 PM.
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
    Moliere

I know a couple of guys with those straps and they havent had a problem with them...

I carry 2 sets of cuffs as well but I carry a set in an enclosed cuff carrier and the other in an open carrier.... I find those more reliable

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
      I know a couple of guys with those straps and they havent had a problem with them...

I carry 2 sets of cuffs as well but I carry a set in an enclosed cuff carrier and the other in an open carrier.... I find those more reliable
      Yeah everyone tells me to try the open carrier for both sets of mine, but im just a fan of the strap and just being stubborn hahah. I tend to use the cuffs in the back more which is in an open carrier, then the strap. So im wondering if maybe from lack of use it stops working after a while?
      Moliere

Comment

i used a closed top double case to carry 2 sets, now i only carry one in an open top. Personally i'm not a fan of the strap.
        sigpic

Comment

Keep the second set in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Sled View Post
            It doesn't jingle too much when you walk?

Comment

Originally posted by Sled View Post
              Yeah you know i thought about that but never really liked the idea. I talked with a couple of plain clothes guys who do that and they just all tell me that its a burden to have to dig them out of your pants and all. Plus i keep alot of other stuff in my pants so theres hardly enough room as it is.
              Moliere

Comment

Originally posted by wpaterno View Post
                i used a closed top double case to carry 2 sets, now i only carry one in an open top. Personally i'm not a fan of the strap.
                Yeah i know alot of people arent, but i just find it alot easier to retreive the handcuffs then the cases. I had instance back when i was using the closed cases where i was rolling around with someone and just couldnt get the cuffs out of there for the life of me. Ever since i went to the strap and have been involved with someone everything has, luckly, gone smooth for me.
                Moliere

Comment

You are not putting them in the proper way. They are not suppose to, or meant rather to be just dangling. They are suppose to be interlooped between the two cuffs.

Sort of like holding one cuff slightly above the other and the loop snaked through the middle. It keeps it from jingling and the strap does not get beat on by the constant pouncing of the cuffs.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                    You are not putting them in the proper way. They are not suppose to, or meant rather to be just dangling. They are suppose to be interlooped between the two cuffs.

Sort of like holding one cuff slightly above the other and the loop snaked through the middle. It keeps it from jingling and the strap does not get beat on by the constant pouncing of the cuffs.
                    Thanks! I have seen that before but never really knew that was the proper way to have them. I'll place them that way and see what happens.
                    Moliere

Comment

I'd say get a double cuff case. I have one and carry it around 1 o'clock on my belt. Saves space, they work forever, you can access it with either hand, and you don't have to worry about losing them in a brawl.

Comment

The double cuff case is good, but a bit bulky, I had it for a while but then went back to loop and a closed case. I found that while driving it was a pain and kinda uncomfortable.
                        I don't know how your dept is, cause with us, our second cuff set is supposed to be in the rear if its exposed, but of course who follows patrol guide anyways. I like to wear the closed case in the center rear of my belt and my loop up front. Gives a little intimidation factor I think when they actually see the cuffs. As I'm told tha'ts the reason that we're not allowed to carry them up front to begin with. But it works for me and its comfortable when driving. If you have a problem with the loop breaking try something other than one of the leather ones. The nylon seems to hold up real well.

Comment

Double cuff holder is cool but I have had it in the past and I have had cuffs drop on me by pulling both out at the same time. After the third or fourth time I tossed it as the perp could have easily got to that dropped cuff and used it as a weapon on me.

I carry two open top cuff holders, one in front and one in back.
                          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post

Can you post a picture or draw a diagram? I'm not getting it.

Comment

If I'm reading you correctly you can't get the snap undone when you need to. A little 3 in 1 oil on the surface of the snap when its open should solve the problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4381 users online. 263 members and 4118 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X