Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIZMARIE
    replied
    i talk to a poilce offi er today he told me that 43% goes into union dues($35) tax state, federal, and city, social secruity, pension 43% is alot of money you do the math...

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    Originally posted by NYPD28 View Post
    How would the exam be any easier?

I think he meant the process as a whole, not the exam.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD28
    replied
    Originally posted by wh1teboi9394 View Post
    i wish it went back down to $25k so i can skimp through the exam like a piece of cake...im not in for the money but for a dream
    How would the exam be any easier?

Leave a comment:

• wh1teboi9394
    replied
    i wish it went back down to $25k so i can skimp through the exam like a piece of cake...im not in for the money but for a dream

Leave a comment:

• nyballer31
    replied
    Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
    90,800/yr after 5.5yrs...impressive
    I don't know if its impressiveI'll go with descent.After Deff. comp ITHP, 50% pension contributions and taxes your going to catch yourself saying I thought 90K was alot of money.

Leave a comment:

• UpstateNYPD
    replied
    Originally posted by options open View Post
    meaning.... paid the difference? cause if not i'd riot!!
    Yes, the difference is paid and you get a raise.

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    meaning.... paid the difference? cause if not i'd riot!!

Leave a comment:

• binzo
    replied
    i've got a question...

.... when the salary changes like how it went from 25,000 up to the mid 30's ... what happens to all those people that were making 25. they don't get pay raises right cause its a contract? so they could be on the job for a few years and a new rookie walks into the academy with a bigger pay check?
    no you get retro!!

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    i've got a question...

.... when the salary changes like how it went from 25,000 up to the mid 30's ... what happens to all those people that were making 25. they don't get pay raises right cause its a contract? so they could be on the job for a few years and a new rookie walks into the academy with a bigger pay check?

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    thats a nice perk

Leave a comment:

• NYJets44288
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
    i stand corrected
    happens to all of us

Leave a comment:

• UpstateNYPD
    replied
    anybody know which trains nypd officers get to ride for free? some threads said you get either metro north or lirr, some said you get both, some said you get both plus the subway is free.
    All NYPD officers get the NYC subways for free, a metrocard is issued toward that end. Officers who live in Nassau or Suffolk get a separate card for LIRR, and Officers who live in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, or Putnam get another card for Metro North. NYPD officers who live in the city, officially, are not allowed to ride Metro North or LIRR for free, but if you show the conductors your shield and ID, they will usually take care of you.

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    anybody know which trains nypd officers get to ride for free? some threads said you get either metro north or lirr, some said you get both, some said you get both plus the subway is free.

Leave a comment:

• NYCSFINEST
    replied
    i stand corrected

Leave a comment:

• NYJets44288
    replied
    That link... it clearly reiterates what EnWhyPeeDee had said. The Base salary is around $76,000. Total Compensation is listed as around $90,000.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4200 users online. 262 members and 3938 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X