X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD28
    replied
    Originally posted by NYPDxJx View Post
    Nah, im not even going to lie to you man, i have received those letters alot in the mail since i took my test way back in 2007 and its just generic letters they send out to people who have took and passed the exam.

And you are right about taking the test over and being placed back in the line again, but hey thats just how things are now. If they were still doing 1,000+ classes you wouldnt even have to worry about making it into Jan. If you re took the test today, and if they keep up this current pace of 250 or so guys, you might not see the academy until 2 or so years from now just for the fact that they really havent even finished with the 6000 exams or even cracked the 7000 ones yet.
    Understandable....thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD28
    replied
    Originally posted by options open View Post
    i think the big question for you nypd28 is when your test expires in january. hopefully its later in the month. if your exam expires on the 10th, and they put a class on the 11th your SOL.

taking the test again would put you in the back on the line.... but atleast you'd be in line in case this january doesn't happen for you. good luck
    I understand now....if for whatever reason it doesn't pan out for me in January could re-taking the exam put me in contention for the July 2010 class or would it be too early?

By the way; I just found out that it expires on January 11th of next year, ironically....lol. That's the second Monday in Jan; wouldn't the new academy classes begin at the start of a particular month - for example and in this case, Monday January 4th?
    Last edited by NYPD28; 10-08-2009, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    Originally posted by NYPD28 View Post
    I heard about that number (people called) for January. I'll see what they tell me once I head to Queens; hopefully within the next week. If for whatever reason my current exam's expiration date becomes an issue then I can only assume that taking the test over would just place me in the back of the line since I have read numerous posts on here about individuals within the 8000's (exam number) whose chances are/may be slim to none to even be called for the July 2010, let alone January.

Could the fact that I have received numerous letter's (generic) in the mail about joining the force play to my chances? Again, they do have my information on me passing all of my exams.
    Nah, im not even going to lie to you man, i have received those letters alot in the mail since i took my test way back in 2007 and its just generic letters they send out to people who have took and passed the exam.

And you are right about taking the test over and being placed back in the line again, but hey thats just how things are now. If they were still doing 1,000+ classes you wouldnt even have to worry about making it into Jan. If you re took the test today, and if they keep up this current pace of 250 or so guys, you might not see the academy until 2 or so years from now just for the fact that they really havent even finished with the 6000 exams or even cracked the 7000 ones yet.

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    i think the big question for you nypd28 is when your test expires in january. hopefully its later in the month. if your exam expires on the 10th, and they put a class on the 11th your SOL.

taking the test again would put you in the back on the line.... but atleast you'd be in line in case this january doesn't happen for you. good luck

Leave a comment:

• NYPD28
    replied
    Yeah I would be slightly concerned about your exam expiring this Jan because as of right now they are only calling for 100-200 guys for a Jan class. And yes im aware that number can change, but I would seriously consider thinking about taking another exam right now while your waiting.

I heard about that number (people called) for January. I'll see what they tell me once I head to Queens; hopefully within the next week. If for whatever reason my current exam's expiration date becomes an issue then I can only assume that taking the test over would just place me in the back of the line since I have read numerous posts on here about individuals within the 8000's (exam number) whose chances are/may be slim to none to even be called for the July 2010, let alone January.

Could the fact that I have received numerous letter's (generic) in the mail about joining the force play to my chances? Again, they do have my information on me passing all of my exams.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    Wow! I was excited before but now I am psyched! I was told my exam expires this January. Can this be an issue you think?

Again, all I am waiting for is my college transcript to arrive in the mail and then I will be off to Lefrak.
    Yeah I would be slightly concerned about your exam expiring this Jan because as of right now they are only calling for 100-200 guys for a Jan class. And yes im aware that number can change, but I would seriously consider thinking about taking another exam right now while your waiting.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD28
    replied
    Your exam is 5006? You got a really really good chance of going this Jan then. You should also look into when your exam expires also, just so you have a time frame there.
    Wow! I was excited before but now I am psyched! I was told my exam expires this January. Can this be an issue you think?

Again, all I am waiting for is my college transcript to arrive in the mail and then I will be off to Lefrak.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    My exam # is 5006 and am looking into re-opening my case; what are my chances of getting a crack at the January or July class?

I am just waiting to receive my transcript in the mail.
    Your exam is 5006? You got a really really good chance of going this Jan then. You should also look into when your exam expires also, just so you have a time frame there.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD28
    replied
    My exam # is 5006 and am looking into re-opening my case; what are my chances of getting a crack at the January or July class?

I am just waiting to receive my transcript in the mail.
    Last edited by NYPD28; 10-08-2009, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    Originally posted by Nero22 View Post
    Everything I have heard before this point was that NYPD was supposed to contact us by mail after we have taken the test and received list numbers, in order to begin the other steps in the process. No where on my sheet with my list number does it say to go to Lefrak City and schedule fingerprinting and the other stuff? Should I be waiting or should I schedule this stuff? (mind you I am exam 8322 so I realize that I have no chance at getting on anytime soon, but if I can get the initial stuff done with and out of the way I'd like to).
    It wouldnt hurt to ask. I would call the APD, explain your situation and exam number and just ask if you should be waiting for a letter, or can you schedule Lefrak City yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Nero22
    replied
    Originally posted by NYRangers718
    I don't understand what you guys are talking about when you say nobody has contacted you yet...you take the paper you got in the mail with the list and exam number to Lefrak City. They schedule you for fingerprinting and the initial stuff. You get an Investigator and take all the tests.

By the way there is no way they will put 100 people into the Academy. At least 250. They probably mean there will be an extra 100 on top of what there was going to be. And if your saying "They cancelled the Jan academy and now it's back on", I don't think they ever cancelled it, it was a political stunt for Bloombergs re-election. They never cancelled the class they just didn't schedule one until now.
    Everything I have heard before this point was that NYPD was supposed to contact us by mail after we have taken the test and received list numbers, in order to begin the other steps in the process. No where on my sheet with my list number does it say to go to Lefrak City and schedule fingerprinting and the other stuff? Should I be waiting or should I schedule this stuff? (mind you I am exam 8322 so I realize that I have no chance at getting on anytime soon, but if I can get the initial stuff done with and out of the way I'd like to).

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    They schedule you for fingerprinting and the initial stuff. You get an Investigator and take all the tests.
    I was fingerprinted when I took the exam. They do it again?

(They must really want those 75 dollars!)

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    Ohh okay I got you, we're in the same boat. Let's hope for the best. I hope to see you in the Academy in January. ::fingers crossed::
    Hope so too man, but honestly i've learned not to get my hopes up. Best of luck though. Whats your exam number btw?

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    I don't understand what you guys are talking about when you say nobody has contacted you yet...you take the paper you got in the mail with the list and exam number to Lefrak City. They schedule you for fingerprinting and the initial stuff. You get an Investigator and take all the tests.

By the way there is no way they will put 100 people into the Academy. At least 250. They probably mean there will be an extra 100 on top of what there was going to be. And if your saying "They cancelled the Jan academy and now it's back on", I don't think they ever cancelled it, it was a political stunt for Bloombergs re-election. They never cancelled the class they just didn't schedule one until now.
    Alright, i ment no one has contacted me about going to the academy. My process is done. Just waiting on that elusive call.

And whether its 100 or 250 or 300 guys they put through, its a far cry from the 1,000+ they use to have.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDxJx
    replied
    Why would my chances be slim to make it to the force not only in Jan/July but within the next 2 years??? Definitely surprised by your answer and curios all at the same time.

I have received generic letters in the mail through-out the year asking to see if I am interested in re-enlisting.
    Im really not even sure what testing numbers they are on right now, they might still be in the 8,000's or even the 9,000's by now. If they continue at this pace of sending only 250-400 guys through every Jan/July its going to be a long wait because i dont think they even finished the 6,000's or even cracked the 7,000 list exams yet. My exam number is 7042 and i have yet to be contacted.

The problem is that when the NYPD spiked up their pay, alot of guys whos test number was in the 4,000's or 5,000's started opening up their cases again, and that pushed alot of us back.
    Last edited by NYPDxJx; 10-07-2009, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2387 users online. 132 members and 2255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X