300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYPDxJx View Post
    Your exam is 5006? You got a really really good chance of going this Jan then. You should also look into when your exam expires also, just so you have a time frame there.
    Wow! I was excited before but now I am psyched! I was told my exam expires this January. Can this be an issue you think?

Again, all I am waiting for is my college transcript to arrive in the mail and then I will be off to Lefrak.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD28 View Post
      Wow! I was excited before but now I am psyched! I was told my exam expires this January. Can this be an issue you think?

Again, all I am waiting for is my college transcript to arrive in the mail and then I will be off to Lefrak.
      Yeah I would be slightly concerned about your exam expiring this Jan because as of right now they are only calling for 100-200 guys for a Jan class. And yes im aware that number can change, but I would seriously consider thinking about taking another exam right now while your waiting.
      "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
      Moliere

Comment

Yeah I would be slightly concerned about your exam expiring this Jan because as of right now they are only calling for 100-200 guys for a Jan class. And yes im aware that number can change, but I would seriously consider thinking about taking another exam right now while your waiting.

I heard about that number (people called) for January. I'll see what they tell me once I head to Queens; hopefully within the next week. If for whatever reason my current exam's expiration date becomes an issue then I can only assume that taking the test over would just place me in the back of the line since I have read numerous posts on here about individuals within the 8000's (exam number) whose chances are/may be slim to none to even be called for the July 2010, let alone January.

Could the fact that I have received numerous letter's (generic) in the mail about joining the force play to my chances? Again, they do have my information on me passing all of my exams.

Comment

i think the big question for you nypd28 is when your test expires in january. hopefully its later in the month. if your exam expires on the 10th, and they put a class on the 11th your SOL.

taking the test again would put you in the back on the line.... but atleast you'd be in line in case this january doesn't happen for you. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD28 View Post
            I heard about that number (people called) for January. I'll see what they tell me once I head to Queens; hopefully within the next week. If for whatever reason my current exam's expiration date becomes an issue then I can only assume that taking the test over would just place me in the back of the line since I have read numerous posts on here about individuals within the 8000's (exam number) whose chances are/may be slim to none to even be called for the July 2010, let alone January.

Could the fact that I have received numerous letter's (generic) in the mail about joining the force play to my chances? Again, they do have my information on me passing all of my exams.
            Nah, im not even going to lie to you man, i have received those letters alot in the mail since i took my test way back in 2007 and its just generic letters they send out to people who have took and passed the exam.

And you are right about taking the test over and being placed back in the line again, but hey thats just how things are now. If they were still doing 1,000+ classes you wouldnt even have to worry about making it into Jan. If you re took the test today, and if they keep up this current pace of 250 or so guys, you might not see the academy until 2 or so years from now just for the fact that they really havent even finished with the 6000 exams or even cracked the 7000 ones yet.
            "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
            Moliere

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
              i think the big question for you nypd28 is when your test expires in january. hopefully its later in the month. if your exam expires on the 10th, and they put a class on the 11th your SOL.

taking the test again would put you in the back on the line.... but atleast you'd be in line in case this january doesn't happen for you. good luck
              I understand now....if for whatever reason it doesn't pan out for me in January could re-taking the exam put me in contention for the July 2010 class or would it be too early?

By the way; I just found out that it expires on January 11th of next year, ironically....lol. That's the second Monday in Jan; wouldn't the new academy classes begin at the start of a particular month - for example and in this case, Monday January 4th?
              Last edited by NYPD28; 10-08-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Nah, im not even going to lie to you man, i have received those letters alot in the mail since i took my test way back in 2007 and its just generic letters they send out to people who have took and passed the exam.

And you are right about taking the test over and being placed back in the line again, but hey thats just how things are now. If they were still doing 1,000+ classes you wouldnt even have to worry about making it into Jan. If you re took the test today, and if they keep up this current pace of 250 or so guys, you might not see the academy until 2 or so years from now just for the fact that they really havent even finished with the 6000 exams or even cracked the 7000 ones yet.
                Understandable....thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5456 users online. 363 members and 5093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X