Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing while you wait for your exam to be called (NYPD)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are you doing while you wait for your exam to be called (NYPD)

    Right now I am currently in a CUNY college working on my credits, I have 30 so far so I have a couple of more semesters until I hit the required 60. If NYPD calls my exam and I haven't got the 60 credits, I might look into CLEP or FEMA credits to finish off the last few credits. So what is everyone else doing while waiting? Is anyone else also registered for the OCT 17 exam at A.Philip Randolph HS? I might take this one as my backup.
    NYPD

  • #2
    I'm in still in my piece of crap CUNY school, chugging closer to getting out of it. Once I got 60 credits a few semesters back and turned 21, I started the process, hoping to get into July. Didn't work out that way, and it seems my life has been going nowhere for the last few months. It'll probably be that way till I get that call (probably late next year, if things keep going the way they are).

    Comment


    • #3
      Working as a DOD cop in Rome NY, good job so they can take their time calling me.
      on the job.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Right now I don't have to worry, because my exam is a very new one.

        Comment


        • #5
          i know you guys are going to call me crazy (no pun intended), but i'm a few years away from becoming a psychologist so i'm in school full time.

          i very highly recommend you don't look at these next couple years as a bridge between now and when your in the NYPD. the way things are these days you seriously have to think of nypd as your backup. many many many things can go wrong and be a reason for why you don't get into the nypd, so you always have to think what you'll do with your life if the nypd doesn't happen. there were hundreds of people who thought they were getting into the nypd and going into the january or july classes only for them to be cancelled/shrunk and their test expiring.

          you don't want to end up being 25-30 with no real degree and no career in mind because you thought all along you were going into the nypd.

          so for me its full time school and if they call, they call.

          Comment


          • #6
            What is happening is temporary. Once the economy bounces back up nobody will want to touch the job. It's happened hundreds of times.

            Comment


            • #7
              your test is only good for 4 years... it will be longer than that before the economy turns around people turn down the call to go into the academy. do yourself a favor and keep your options open in case it doesn't work out the way you wanted.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thats what you think. People are going to stick with trying to be a LEO simply because of the job stablity ( ATLEAST THEY THINK ),the bennies, the increasing salary,and the retirement package. People are not going to run back to the jobs that gave them the heave ho and risk being back in the same spot they were in before.Just my .02.
                We ride for those who died!

                RIP SgtCHP!

                Comment


                • #9
                  right now i'm working as a nypd school safety agent and contimplating returning to school to get my bachelor's. i'm waiting for exam 6012 to be called, but i'm also taking more exams because i'm waiting with a score of 83.5 and a 2xxx list number. things are really slow right now so i wish everyone else the best of luck
                  6012
                  Listx2xxx
                  Ready for hire.
                  Got the Call 7/2/2010

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by options open View Post
                    i know you guys are going to call me crazy (no pun intended), but i'm a few years away from becoming a psychologist so i'm in school full time.

                    i very highly recommend you don't look at these next couple years as a bridge between now and when your in the NYPD. the way things are these days you seriously have to think of nypd as your backup. many many many things can go wrong and be a reason for why you don't get into the nypd, so you always have to think what you'll do with your life if the nypd doesn't happen. there were hundreds of people who thought they were getting into the nypd and going into the january or july classes only for them to be cancelled/shrunk and their test expiring.

                    you don't want to end up being 25-30 with no real degree and no career in mind because you thought all along you were going into the nypd.

                    so for me its full time school and if they call, they call.
                    I have to agree with you 100%

                    S**t happens in life so you better be ready for it. I know so, been dealing with it since Jan. of this year and hoping things get better soon.
                    Last edited by CRS1; 10-04-2009, 09:44 PM.
                    Exam 8322
                    List# 5XX
                    Medical: Passed
                    Written: Passed
                    Oral: Passed
                    Meet with BI: Done
                    JST: Passed
                    1st Mini-Med: Passed
                    2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

                    Let's go January 2012!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      graduated with my crim degree in May. Was working as a plumber till i got laid off in Aug(economy) and now have been trying to find full time work any work..and filling out tons of apps its real tough economy out there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Took the exam last oct got over 100 with my vet points, in the mean time im a junior at college to be a graduate in 2011.. im lucky because i dont really need a job right now because the GI BILL pays me and i saved money while in the army. If the NYPD doesnt call me until by 2011, then i might go back to the army as an officer.. who knows the worlds gonna end in 2012 neways right haha..
                        Last edited by vanillaface1; 10-05-2009, 01:35 AM. Reason: grammer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SSAtobeP.O View Post
                          right now i'm working as a nypd school safety agent and contimplating returning to school to get my bachelor's. i'm waiting for exam 6012 to be called, but i'm also taking more exams because i'm waiting with a score of 83.5 and a 2xxx list number. things are really slow right now so i wish everyone else the best of luck
                          they havent even called 6012 yet?! I thought the website said they were inluding people in the july academy upto exam 7000+?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by thecongo View Post
                            they havent even called 6012 yet?! I thought the website said they were inluding people in the july academy upto exam 7000+?


                            The small July class didnt even make it to 5047.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PBXTech View Post
                              The small July class didnt even make it to 5047.
                              holy crap. Im 8120. So I guess I can go thru all the stages, but ultimately Ill have to wait around to go into a class? Well bette rlate than never!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5593 users online. 320 members and 5273 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X