X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAPD 8-2
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
    Yea problem is you have to wait for the NYSID to come back and fill it in the box, unless you know how to pull up the perps prior raps(if applicable).
    Most perps I arrested already had priors so when I run them through our central desk they just fax over their rap sheets and the NYSID is already on it. lol

Pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Yea problem is you have to wait for the NYSID to come back and fill it in the box, unless you know how to pull up the perps prior raps(if applicable).

Leave a comment:

• PAPD 8-2
    replied
    ^^^^ the new voucher forms aren't that bad, the only thing added is the NYSID box, ahhh well we have to type that crap out. Luckily we have on of those electric type writers u can put in print mode lol

Leave a comment:

• gunslash
    replied
    Originally posted by madcat816 View Post
    lol especially w/ the new ones now
    exactly, considering I wasn't TRAINED on the new voucher, one day I just went to the desk and they had these new things..."WTF is this, you know I have no common sense, so it will take me even longer to type this"

on a serious note, I find the new voucheres pretty convenient once you do enough of them

Leave a comment:

• wpaterno
    replied
    Missings can be done on the computer in the BX

Leave a comment:

• UpstateNYPD
    replied
    Originally posted by ZeroHero123 View Post
    Missing Reports
    Summonses Void form
    LOD form

The above is all i can remember off hand now, please add to the list.
    Once I typed up a form recommending a guy for an award, so that too.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Yes, we basically type up all "important forms" with a typewriter.

The only thing we do not typewriter up is the online arrest form, and the handwritten complaint form.

Leave a comment:

• ZeroHero123
    replied
    Originally posted by binzo View Post
    only thing thats typed are vouchers
    Missing Reports
    Summonses Void form
    LOD form

The above is all i can remember off hand now, please add to the list.

Leave a comment:

• madcat816
    replied
    Originally posted by gunslash View Post
    I used to think that way.....but typewriter = overtime
    you know, you have to be extra cautious when you're typing multiple carbon-copies, too many mistakes and you have to start over...that just really breaks my heart to start my 30 minute voucher from scratch
    lol especially w/ the new ones now

Leave a comment:

• gunslash
    replied
    Originally posted by campuscop2000 View Post
    Holy, NYPD still uses typewriters still for reports and paper work? Almost every department around here has done away with those atleast 15 years ago. Just type it on a computer, print and done.
    I used to think that way.....but typewriter = overtime
    you know, you have to be extra cautious when you're typing multiple carbon-copies, too many mistakes and you have to start over...that just really breaks my heart to start my 30 minute voucher from scratch

Leave a comment:

• madcat816
    replied
    Originally posted by NYPDwannaB View Post
    Thanks for all those that have given insight on this thread.

I am exam 5XXX. If I were able to get into the pending January class, (and I do realize that it is a big if with the way the past 2 classes have been composed) would it be frowned upon or even acceptable to request some time off (4 or 5 days) in October 2010 after hire and appointment? My priority is obviously getting the "call" and making it through. My family maybe planning a huge reunion next year and I would like to participate but I do not want to begin my potential law enforcement career on a bad note. If I didn't get the call in January, then I would wait for July, and clearly I wouldn't be able to participate. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks
    seeing how jan 10' would end in july 10' and you'd be out of patrolguideworld,
    you mite be able to work vacation picks out if you got a squad w/ some good guys

but first step is workin on gettin in of course

Leave a comment:

• binzo
    replied
    only thing thats typed are vouchers

Leave a comment:

• campuscop2000
    replied
    Originally posted by bkny27 View Post
    i cant wait till there is no longer a need for typewriters.

Holy, NYPD still uses typewriters still for reports and paper work? Almost every department around here has done away with those atleast 15 years ago. Just type it on a computer, print and done.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDwannaB
    replied
    Thanks for all those that have given insight on this thread.

I am exam 5XXX. If I were able to get into the pending January class, (and I do realize that it is a big if with the way the past 2 classes have been composed) would it be frowned upon or even acceptable to request some time off (4 or 5 days) in October 2010 after hire and appointment? My priority is obviously getting the "call" and making it through. My family maybe planning a huge reunion next year and I would like to participate but I do not want to begin my potential law enforcement career on a bad note. If I didn't get the call in January, then I would wait for July, and clearly I wouldn't be able to participate. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bkny27
    replied
    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/07/...4461247519064/

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4960 users online. 278 members and 4682 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X