Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standing on the Smith - 9Th Street platform at 2:30 AM is not my idea of a great post.

Comment

wait until he actually has to go to a domestic.... had a good one last night, he would have loved it! The only thing I like domestic is beer.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wpaterno View Post
        wait until he actually has to go to a domestic.... had a good one last night, he would have loved it! The only thing I like domestic is beer.
        Variety! I'll never be able to respond to a burglary or a bank job if I'm in the subway... unless they use it to escape. I'm just saying what I think I would like and being stuck in the hole doesn't sound appealing to me.

Comment

ajajh

THIS IS FUNNY
          Standing on the Smith - 9Th Street platform at 2:30 AM is not my idea of a great post.

ITS TRUE TRANIST AIN;T WORTH WERE NEEDED IN THE STREETS

Comment

I am afraid of getting claustrophobic down in Transit...But if it is assigned no way around it.

I too am more interested in Patrol...But I bet I will be singing a different tune in the middle of winter at 3 AM walking around looking for nefarious types.

Well...I am hoping for July 2011 academy...fingers crossed. See how things look then. Hoping for Above ground posts if I am lucky enough to be hired by then.

Exam 8312.

Comment

He'll learn- Just wait 'til the one who called him jumps on his back and breaks somethin' over his head -usuallly an empty cheap a-- liquor or 40 bottle :QUOTE=wpaterno;2043296]wait until he actually has to go to a domestic.... had a good one last night, he would have loved it! The only thing I like domestic is beer.[/QUOTE]
              Last edited by soon2retire; 10-27-2009, 09:13 AM.
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

I think it's good that he is excited about the job. He just needs to know it's not like COPS on TV. Alot of this job is what you make of it, don't worry about where you get sent to. Do your best, enjoy the job and learn everyday.
                sigpic

Comment

Law enforcement is a lot of paperwork.

You dont just go to a domestic and say, ok you go that way you go this way. You gotta fill out a few forms of paperwork and in your memobook.

You also dont go to a criminal job, whatever it may be and say.. ok umm, well thats that. Paper has to follow that job.

Everything is paper, paper, paper.

Its like 90% paperwork, 5% fun stuff and the rest is making an arrest, or whatever.

Lets not even get to the discussion of arrest preparation paperwork, thats another ball game. Nothing like other departments do it or how you see it on TV.
                  Last edited by NYCTNT; 10-27-2009, 09:27 AM.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                    huh?

They are all posts until the new class or 2 comes out and kicks them into regular PSA's. Even then they wont see an RMP and are still stuck in UMBRELLA or whatever other new thing they will have out doing verticals.

Now its IRT, 2 years Impact then usually a Borough change and moved to an IRT, which IRT guys were telling me is another 2 years, probably make chevrons before being out of Housing Impact, which is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                      Law enforcement is a lot of paperwork.

Of course, Uncle Sam loves his paperwork and forms. The phrase "You spend 95 percent of your time documenting the other 5" holds very true, and I understand that.

Comment

and to save paper they dont give you paystubs anymore unless you change it back to save paper. yet we still usea typewriter and make millions of useless photo copies for bosses who are to lazy to just look at the computer on there desks.

Comment

yeah that was a great news story about how the nypd renewed a contract for hundreds of thousands of dollars for repair and maintenance of typewriters not too long ago

Comment

i cant wait till there is no longer a need for typewriters.

Comment

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/07/...4461247519064/

Comment

Thanks for all those that have given insight on this thread.

I am exam 5XXX. If I were able to get into the pending January class, (and I do realize that it is a big if with the way the past 2 classes have been composed) would it be frowned upon or even acceptable to request some time off (4 or 5 days) in October 2010 after hire and appointment? My priority is obviously getting the "call" and making it through. My family maybe planning a huge reunion next year and I would like to participate but I do not want to begin my potential law enforcement career on a bad note. If I didn't get the call in January, then I would wait for July, and clearly I wouldn't be able to participate. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3469 users online. 166 members and 3303 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X