Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone point out how the old N.S.U.'s are different than today's IMPACT?

Comment

Originally posted by Sled View Post
      There still is an FTO program, it is now called Impact. Several years ago the FTO units were phased out and the impact units took over. Smoke and mirrors.
      But it's certainly no real traditional FTO program, such as getting assigned to an RMP and having one Senior Officer train one Rookie and being with him the whole time. Isn't it more like a whole bunch of Rookies with one Impact Sergeant they have to reach over the air?

Comment

Originally posted by blue1stand9 View Post
        If you are in a Transit unit, you are on the subways all shift? Is there a lot of work down there throughout the night? Why is Transit a desired post, as I saw several people saying they were hoping for it.

After impact, if you are assigned to Patrol, are you in a car or on foot post? Just curious, wasn't sure if Impact was the bulk of those on foot patrol.

Housing, are you in a car or are you just posted in a specific building area/building for the duration of your shift?
        I can't give facts except for the housing question but opinion on why Transit is desirable, lots of OT, not a lot to do, so I've heard.

As for Housing, you will be a foot post working 11x7, or 6x2. You will have a partner and other posts covering the neighboring developments, you're not a solo like some patrol posts like the 28 posts on 125. you have certain buildings assigned to your post but you can go anywhere in the development you want. Just do your verticals, pick up your jobs and wait while central ignores you b/c you have a new location for the 12th time that day. PS in the winter you're inside looking for CT collars not freezing on the street corner somewhere. Any other housing Impact questions just PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
          What's the failure rate for the FTO program?
          No idea. From what I heard from here is that you're basically learning to become the Master of Summonses and 240.20's (Disorderly Conduct). To me it seems like a bad way to learn the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
            What's the failure rate for the FTO program?
            lol there is no such thing as "failure rate"
            no one fails impact. if you bring in **** activity, you WILL be getting some very special collars at the end of tour courtesy of your bosses
            no one really didn't make it. only people that resigned did so because of personal reasons, getting jammed up, or getting an offer from another department

Comment

Originally posted by CAnde View Post
              I can't give facts except for the housing question but opinion on why Transit is desirable, lots of OT, not a lot to do, so I've heard.

As for Housing, you will be a foot post working 11x7, or 6x2. You will have a partner and other posts covering the neighboring developments, you're not a solo like some patrol posts like the 28 posts on 125. you have certain buildings assigned to your post but you can go anywhere in the development you want. Just do your verticals, pick up your jobs and wait while central ignores you b/c you have a new location for the 12th time that day. PS in the winter you're inside looking for CT collars not freezing on the street corner somewhere. Any other housing Impact questions just PM me.
              After a while I heard you could get an RMP or some community project thing rather then stay on a post.

Comment

huh?

They are all posts until the new class or 2 comes out and kicks them into regular PSA's. Even then they wont see an RMP and are still stuck in UMBRELLA or whatever other new thing they will have out doing verticals.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                  huh?

They are all posts until the new class or 2 comes out and kicks them into regular PSA's. Even then they wont see an RMP and are still stuck in UMBRELLA or whatever other new thing they will have out doing verticals.
                  Is it possible to ever get out of a PSA and go into a regular Precinct?

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                    yeah when/if you ge tpromoted

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post

It is possible, but it does not happen often. Knowing someone might be a help.

Most people I know that have been in Housing and a Precinct, usually preferred Housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sled View Post
                        Most people I know that have been in Housing and a Precinct, usually preferred Housing.
                        Any particular reason that they gave you? Housing busier? Just looking for the day to day routine of everything to get a better idea of what one can expect.

Comment

I would have loved to go to housing.

Although way more domestics/family issues. Less details, less of a lot is sometimes a good thing.

True, the buildings STINK, the elevator has rust holes from urine, the stairs have feces all over it and just about everyone in it hates you.. but its something I personally like as opposed to patrol.

Would I go now, no way. I am in a great command and am doing mighty fine where I am now.
                          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                            I would have loved to go to housing.

Although way more domestics/family issues. Less details, less of a lot is sometimes a good thing.
                            That's why transit is awesome. Never deal with domestics, car accidents(par), 61's, no writing parkers and movers, no foot posts in the freezing cold, and when we get details, you stay in transit underneath the madness.

Comment

Originally posted by binzo View Post
                              That's why transit is awesome. Never deal with domestics, car accidents(par), 61's, no writing parkers and movers, no foot posts in the freezing cold, and when we get details, you stay in transit underneath the madness.
                              I feel I wouldn't like that. I'd like to work in a normal command, responding to 911's to regular residences and businesses in a car, getting flagged down, etc. What most Police Officers elsewhere do.

I'm sure it's nice to be in a Subway when everyone else outside is freezing their ***es off, but everything you listed I'd want to deal with. You also get to deal with the complete opposite in the summer - while everyone is out in the breeze, you're roasting yourself.
                              Last edited by LINY; 10-26-2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Never heard of anyone wanting to work domestics before
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3716 users online. 226 members and 3490 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X