X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??huh

moron?????

Comment

I am simply assuming he was targeting the failures.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

What are the odds of getting put in queens? I've been considering NYPD (got a 95 on 8050 exam - who knows if i'll get called eventually but it's been running through my head)

Big thing is.. i'm in south shore LI, about an hour off from Manhattan. Commuting that far every day is a huge turn off. However, if I can get somewhere in eastern / central queens it would be about a half hour / forty give minute commute, which is much more bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by ThinkRevolution View Post
          What are the odds of getting put in queens? I've been considering NYPD (got a 95 on 8050 exam - who knows if i'll get called eventually but it's been running through my head)

Big thing is.. i'm in south shore LI, about an hour off from Manhattan. Commuting that far every day is a huge turn off. However, if I can get somewhere in eastern / central queens it would be about a half hour / forty give minute commute, which is much more bearable.
          Good luck on that one. Depends where they want to send you. Plus you can just take the train in every day depending where you work. I'm in the same boat you are, the commute isn't bad.

Comment

train is free right? even for recruits in the academy?

Comment

ahh yea i guess he was. Didnt put it together had no clue what he was talking about lol.

Comment

train is free for recruits when you get your train passes. Otherwise you may have to pay if the conductor isnt a fan of recruits. (There is a few)

Comment

If you are in a Transit unit, you are on the subways all shift? Is there a lot of work down there throughout the night? Why is Transit a desired post, as I saw several people saying they were hoping for it.

After impact, if you are assigned to Patrol, are you in a car or on foot post? Just curious, wasn't sure if Impact was the bulk of those on foot patrol.

Housing, are you in a car or are you just posted in a specific building area/building for the duration of your shift?

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                    Why is "K" unauthorized and wrong?

It is used as a period at the end of a transmission and is actually preferred to use, as well as authorized.
                    I was joking around because he didn't use it at the end of the sentence. A lot of the dispatchers I hear using it throw it around and didn't complete a transmission when using it yet..

"Seven Five George K I got a 52 Family K 686 Hegemen on the corner of Van Siclin Ave K Two Adam on the Two K."

Yeah, it was used that badly one time. That transmission was followed by lots of whistles and whispered wow's.

Comment

I dunno.

Its not uncommon for dispatch to use the "K" like its going out of style. I cant see whistling and wows for just that. Must be more. We simply ignore it and have never heard of any active police officer complaining about it. New guy or seasoned.
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

back in the day

Prior to technology that could identify transmission origins a popular song on the radio was "Take this job and shove it."
                        It WAS common to hear a few verses come thru on the radio, especially the catchy song name...

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                          I dunno.

Its not uncommon for dispatch to use the "K" like its going out of style. I cant see whistling and wows for just that. Must be more. We simply ignore it and have never heard of any active police officer complaining about it. New guy or seasoned.
                          They seemed very displeased with that particular dispatcher that night. This was a couple of months ago. They seem to get very angry at their dispatchers compared to other precincts, but I can tell just from listening that they're the busiest Officers in the NYPD. That frequency is never quite.

The 73/75 is always good to listen to for entertainment. They're always goofing off over the air. I was laughing my *** off when a Unit was dispatched to a Animal (Raccoon) call and one of the Officers asked Central to provide a description.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroHero123 View Post
                            lol, this is what you will learn from impact PL 240.20, AC 10-125 2b
                            all i learned from impact was what crim tress is
                            "show me with 30 under"

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
                              Why is there no FTO program? I still can't believe that.
                              I could be wrong since I am not a cop, but i believe FTOs are made up of people from impact who already had their first year and don't transfer out. Being FTO out of the academy wouldn't make sense as you haven't gone through your probationary period yet.
                              Last edited by NYCQueens; 10-23-2009, 01:02 PM.
                              Currently Being Ignored:
                              Bearcat357
                              asullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
                                Why is there no FTO program? I still can't believe that.
                                There still is an FTO program, it is now called Impact. Several years ago the FTO units were phased out and the impact units took over. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5284 users online. 267 members and 5017 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X