Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll be able to go to any IMPACT command you want to if you are an award winner (Top overall, top academ, shooter, physical, community service etc.) i was a winner so this is reliable info. Thats about 9 people or so, company sgts got a good chance and pretty much go to any IMPACT command they want to also (and they deserve it with all the stuff they gotta do!). The rest besides hooks is needs of the almighty dept.
    Last edited by NYC_Subway_Cop; 10-03-2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: expletive word
    Liberalism is a mental disorder!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
      Gotta start somewhere.
      yeah it's fun when you do that on impact.... and then get transferred to patrol and start all over again!!!! I debated just transfering to the hospital police.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wpaterno View Post
        yeah it's fun when you do that on impact.... and then get transferred to patrol and start all over again!!!! I debated just transfering to the hospital police.
        Aren't they a completely separate agency with no weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by CAnde View Post
          Negative K, No housing units available.
          why no housing?

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
            why no housing?
            It's a joke. Housing is never available when central raises them for a job on the radio.

Comment

Nevermind the completely wrong and unauthorized use of 'K' instead of at the end.

Is it because there are not enough housing, they're all busy, or they just don't like picking up jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                It's a joke. Housing is never available when central raises them for a job on the radio.
                and as housing Impact post, central is never available when I put over yet another 75 victor.

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                Is it because there are not enough housing, they're all busy, or they just don't like picking up jobs?
                Sometimes there are not enough sectors, especially if someone collars, etc. Today for day tour I think my house had 1 sector and a handful of Impact foot posts.
                Last edited by CAnde; 10-04-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrm1313 View Post
                  Everyone should do this[IMPACT] being you learn the job quicker and get familiar with people interaction. Hopefully in a positive way!

lol, this is what you will learn from impact PL 240.20, AC 10-125 2b
                  Last edited by ZeroHero123; 10-05-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Disorderly beer drinkers!

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                      Nevermind the completely wrong and unauthorized use of 'K' instead of at the end.

Why is "K" unauthorized and wrong?

It is used as a period at the end of a transmission and is actually preferred to use, as well as authorized.
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

not that it really matters, i think he was saying it was wrong because it wasn't used at the end of the transmission, it was used in the middle of the sentence.

so if you guys had a choice of anywhere to go after the academy, where would it be? realistically, somewhere they might actually send you

Comment

Philly PD doesn't have on either.
                          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
                            not that it really matters, i think he was saying it was wrong because it wasn't used at the end of the transmission, it was used in the middle of the sentence.

so if you guys had a choice of anywhere to go after the academy, where would it be? realistically, somewhere they might actually send you
                            75, 73, 83, Transit 2 (had to try that one)

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
                              What's the academy graduation rate? I heard of a 49 out of 50 rate for one Philly PD class. Don't know if that 98% graduation rate is the norm.

Is there a probationary period after the academy? If so, what's the pass rate for that?
                              You are on probation for 2 years after the date you are sworn in to the academy, and any vacation time you take extends your probation. My class started with 1350 and graduated 1100, a dropout rate of about 18%

Comment

Originally posted by UpstateNYPD View Post
                                You are on probation for 2 years after the date you are sworn in to the academy, and any vacation time you take extends your probation. My class started with 1350 and graduated 1100, a dropout rate of about 18%
                                Moron

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6531 users online. 350 members and 6181 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X