Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

assignment after nypd academy

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • assignment after nypd academy

    can anybody tell me how the assignments work upon graduation of the academy? i know they'll put people where they are needed most obviously but i've heard terms like impact and command, housing, transit etc. what are these and how is it decided who goes where

    please only respond if you actually know, not just guessing or going off of something your brothers uncles best friends cousins aunts neighbor (or they live on the same block) said

  • #2
    you will go one of three places.... an impact command, a PSA, or transit district.... that's it. how do they decide.... who knows...
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Just dont expect any OPTIONS to be open as per what you want.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

      Comment


      • #4
        AT this stage be glad if you get into the academy!! but yes usually the top gym person and highest average, whoever shoots a 100 at the range shoot off...and a few other awards they give....however with the changes in number of recruits who knows anymore!! we did get one of the gym winners and salutatorian from the last class to my command....so if you r in or u get in..AIM HIGH!! lol good luck!!

        Comment


        • #5
          command psa or traffic.... what do those consist of

          Comment


          • #6
            No not traffic.

            You go to regular patrol(streets), Transit(choo-choo), or Housing(bang-bang).
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

            Comment


            • #7
              The company sgt gets to put specific commands on their dream sheet


              the only reward you get for finishing in the top 10% of the class is a yellow braid to wear on your dress uniform at graduation. this info is reliable, i was both.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                if you have a hook you can get transit otherwise your probably going to bk, Manhattan north, or the bronx

                Comment


                • #9
                  What about a Field Training Unit? I've heard about it but don't know how it works.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LINY View Post
                    What about a Field Training Unit? I've heard about it but don't know how it works.
                    FTU is a fancy term for impact, believe me, I was in FTU.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      and whats impact a fancy term for?

                      Originally posted by binzo View Post
                      if you have a hook you can get transit otherwise your probably going to bk, Manhattan north, or the bronx
                      transit is good? i thought transit was the cops i see in the summer riding around the subway cars or on a footpost in the subway when its 110 degrees down there

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        assignments

                        Originally posted by options open View Post
                        can anybody tell me how the assignments work upon graduation of the academy? i know they'll put people where they are needed most obviously but i've heard terms like impact and command, housing, transit etc. what are these and how is it decided who goes where

                        please only respond if you actually know, not just guessing or going off of something your brothers uncles best friends cousins aunts neighbor (or they live on the same block) said
                        You answered your own question. They put you where they need you. Impact is very much alive and well. That is where there are spikes in crime and they flood areas with foot patrol. Everyone should do this being you learn the job quicker and get familiar with people interaction. Hopefully in a positive way! Transit can be great if you like overtime and have no family, you make more from it, the con is that you do not learn street skills or I should say not as many and do not process different collars. Housing can be very good being you can get collars often and depending where it can be very good. Even if you have a hook, crane whatever do at least one year in a Impact class and then get bumped out. People will respect you a little more and other cops know you can handle yourself better than the guy/gal that went directly to a easy command who never put there hands on anyone. Take whatever they give you and pay your dues as I am paying mine three Impact deep! From Brooklyn North enjoy the easy paycheck of the academy!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Impact is a fancy term for writing summonses on foot posts, flying to details, transporting prisoners to central booking, and sitting on DOAs and hospitalized prisoners

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                            or Housing(bang-bang).
                            Negative K, No housing units available.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by UpstateNYPD View Post
                              Impact is a fancy term for writing summonses on foot posts, flying to details, transporting prisoners to central booking, and sitting on DOAs and hospitalized prisoners
                              Gotta start somewhere.
                              We ride for those who died!

                              RIP SgtCHP!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3426 users online. 227 members and 3199 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X