Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not a cop, you shouldnt be in any vehicle that resembles a police vehicle to the general public.

Comment

• What do you mean cop?

I mean, he is after all a law enforcement officer, no matter the color of his shirt or the design of his shield.

Just wondering.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

• Originally posted by AtreyuRock View Post
        You're not a cop, you shouldnt be in any vehicle that resembles a police vehicle to the general public.
        As TNT stated: what do you mean by "cop"? And can you further ellaborate on your statement.
        ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

• Originally posted by AtreyuRock View Post
          You're not a cop, you shouldnt be in any vehicle that resembles a police vehicle to the general public.
          You do know that peace officers in NYS are in Law enforcement as well right? I am staring to believe you are not a "cop" .

If you have an issue with traffic and SSO's driving in rmp's that look like regular patrol cars then your issue is with 1PP and Ray Kelly.

Comment

• To put this nonsense issue to rest. First to clarify I worked at on the run before I got on the job lol.

You guys crack me up. You really think that I wouldn't want help in an 85 or a 13, you've got to be kidding me. Thats not what I was getting at all.

What I was alluding too, is us being compared to the Brownies and other agencies that look like us and hence give us a bad name. I think that the only agency hated worse then us in the city, and if you think that we're not hated cause of the books of C's that impact and IRT writes your wrong, is the Brownies. Every negative contact with them reflects directly on us. It also, and I've seen it, makes them to feel empowered and to act like the police. Ask around and you'll meet plenty of us that have gone to some sort of non sense with an aux, a SSO, or a brownie calling in a job, that we ultimately have to squash because its just that non-sense. When we're holding 5 and running all over the place to 90-x after 90-x we don't want to go to a aux holding a drinker, or a brownie calling in a 53 that is non-reportable, it adds to out already maxed out workload. Those are the things that I was alluding to. And to top it off now, people cannot tell the difference between us and all the other white cars running around. Its asinine.

I happen to like Aux, they serve a good purpose and our guys are pretty good, But our AUX guys never go out without a MOS, which believe me is tremendous. The MOS with them guides them on what to do and what not to do. I've had jobs where they've thrown down with us and acted bravely for no money. But, bottom line, I still don't want them to be mistaken for us and play real cops. If you all remember that is why the guys in Manhattan are dead after a foot pursuit with a gun-wielding perp ready for war.

Lastly as for other agencies in the city, get off your high horse, cause again, I don't think that I mentioned other LEO's in my statement. It was directed at NON-Police playing cops, i.e. breaking up 52's, chasing perps, yelling at people etc. And if you think that I'm the only one that feels this way. Well I guess that none of guys read the RANT.

Comment

• NY is a Liberal state and anti police, the public hates us regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSD1084 View Post
                As TNT stated: what do you mean by "cop"? And can you further ellaborate on your statement.
                He means your not a cop. You are not NYPD, you are school safety. You are not out answsering ALL CALLS FOR SERVICE, You handle the future perps in the school. He means that you work in a school like corrections in a prison. They are not cops either.

Although I do know you SSO guys have a job to do, you don't do what we do, that is the point that most of us are trying to make. We don't want the public to think that everyone out there is one of us. There needs to be some sort of seperation. And for the record Boob, I know this history of the NYPD well, and those little departments that you speak of we POLICE DEPTS, not brownies, or SSO's. Again sucking you guys up and dressing you up like us is more smoke and mirrors that this job perpetuates.

And if you guys were cops, why does every house have a school detail with us there? And if you were cops, how come your not out in a RMP answering the mountains of jobs on the radio? And last I checked I don't get Zone School Safety on my radio.

I understand the animosity here, akin to us FD, and I always like a battle. But please do you really want someone to grab you on the street and tell you to do something when the bullets start flying? You were hired to protect the schools, not the streets.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                  NY is a Liberal state and anti police, the public hates us regardless.
                  And I tend to disagree with that. The public that lives in high crime areas hates us, since they tend to get C's for riding their bike on the sidewalk or whatever other nonsense and impact guy can write. They hate us for ZERO discretion. Thats why they hate us.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinestFish View Post
                    Well I guess that none of guys read the RANT.
                    Sure I do. I'm known as "Amazed on Long Island."
                    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinestFish View Post
                      He means your not a cop. You are not NYPD, you are school safety. You are not out answsering ALL CALLS FOR SERVICE, You handle the future perps in the school. He means that you work in a school like corrections in a prison. They are not cops either.

Although I do know you SSO guys have a job to do, you don't do what we do, that is the point that most of us are trying to make. We don't want the public to think that everyone out there is one of us. There needs to be some sort of seperation. And for the record Boob, I know this history of the NYPD well, and those little departments that you speak of we POLICE DEPTS, not brownies, or SSO's. Again sucking you guys up and dressing you up like us is more smoke and mirrors that this job perpetuates.

And if you guys were cops, why does every house have a school detail with us there? And if you were cops, how come your not out in a RMP answering the mountains of jobs on the radio? And last I checked I don't get Zone School Safety on my radio.

I understand the animosity here, akin to us FD, and I always like a battle. But please do you really want someone to grab you on the street and tell you to do something when the bullets start flying? You were hired to protect the schools, not the streets.

1. Our borough task force handles calls all day long at our building and the periimeters.
                      2. The school units are there not just for us but remember the private school out there that school safety doesn't cover.
                      3. Check that radio press the black button and look for "schools" and turn to ssd 1
                      4. The way you speak is almost undermining Highway patrol. 2 good friends of mine are retired highway and they don't answer 52's or school calls so you are saying they are not cops? Hmmm
                      5. Be safe and take care of yourself.
                      Last edited by SSD1084; 10-14-2009, 03:44 PM. Reason: missing info

Comment

• I'm gonna reply, even though this is one of those threads that should probably shrivel up and die as ignorance tends to breed ignorance. Nowhere on any of these topics have I seen anyone say that school safety ARE police officers, so why the huge debate about what you do vs what we do??? Fact: we are peace officers and can make arrests, deal with it cuz you have no choice. Fact: we have white cars now, deal with it cuz it's what the city wants. Fact: We aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so deal with it. All facts aside, I do feel a connection to all brothers in law enforcement, and to be honest have never been treated babdly by any other agency including NYPD police officers. That doesn't mean I haven't been the recipient of a snicker or two, or someone with attitude, but to each their own. My paycheck still remains the same. Secondly, do you think that NYC POLICE OFFICERS are the ONLY ones handling jobs? Are you serious? Every law enforcement agency in NYC handles jobs of their own. Its no secret that EVERY collar has to go through an NYPD pct. That doesn't make that collar any less of a collar. With regards to pick ups, we did them in the black or blue cars. I have the arrests to prove it, so what's your point? I can understand traffic being a slight problem because they cannot make arrests, but they have a radio, let em use it. And if your toooooo busy with your big bad jobs and cant seem to respond to their "nonsense jobs" its ok.... school safety will help em. Oh and by the way, I really do hope your hatred for mos who are not police officers doesn't cloud your sense of courtesy, because on more than one occasion we've arrested a police officers family member and always done the right thing. Food for thought.

Comment

• Incidentally, I have loads of respect for every police/peace officer out there. Its the ones that act like they run the whole damn city that p*sses me the h*ll off...

Comment

• It's true when they say not everyone respects the badge, but everyone respects the gun - even here between SSD and NYPD! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
                              It's true when they say not everyone respects the badge, but everyone respects the gun - even here between SSD and NYPD! LOL!
                              I guess in your perfect world that's the case but you have neither. And if everybody respects the gun than what happened in a brooklyn school when a cop told kids to leave the area after a big brawl, and the kids told him where he could go put his baton, then and only then did they move when we arrived without guns. Again you are misinform LINY. So please chime in when you have something productive to say. Have a nice day.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                                You do know that peace officers in NYS are in Law enforcement as well right? I am staring to believe you are not a "cop" .

If you have an issue with traffic and SSO's driving in rmp's that look like regular patrol cars then your issue is with 1PP and Ray Kelly.
                                You dont have to "believe it". If you want to make issue of my status as a police officer, contact the admin who I will with no thought prove who I am. However, you will have to do the same. Let me know if you want to continue this either in public or through pm. Giddy up, cowboy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5359 users online. 354 members and 5005 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X