300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
    He doesn't- He's been on here a little over a week, and has 79, er 80 posts and just makes up stuff as he goes along
    Just because I signed up last week apparently means I've never been here before?
    Last edited by LINY; 10-01-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYRangers718
      Same thing with those "VAS" cars in Brooklyn with more lights and sirens on it that a X-Mas tree. Even cars without VAS plates with lights and sirens and I've even seen cars with Jersey plates speeding through Brooklyn lights and sirens. How is this allowed? These people blow red lights and use their sirens to get through traffic and as soon as it's clear lights and sirens go off. WTF?!?!? These worst is the driving. Can anyone back me up when I say these guys drive like total A-Holes? Someone really has a got to put A $TOP to this!!! But they won't...because...POLITICIANS <3 VOTES
      I back up what you say 100%. They drive like lunatics while abusing their lights and sirens and it's only a matter of time before one of them either kills or seriously injures someone else or themselves in an accident.
      Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
      NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
      Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
      NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
      NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
      U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
        More NYS confusion:

NYC Deputy Sheriffs are Peace Officers and we have units dedicated to making arrests based only on warrants.

NYS has got to be the most confusing state when it comes to this stuff.
        I don't know why they don't make you guys police officers. According to the CPL, every other Deputy Sheriff in the state are police officers, and you guys do work that definitely warrants police officer status.

Comment

Originally posted by ImportInvasion View Post
          What happened to those auxiliary officers was a tragedy. I felt it deeply, as I spent three years as an auxiliary before I got hired by SSD. I saw the reality first hand when I attended the funeral services. Nevertheless, I think everyone understands and accepts the risks when they put on a uniform. Just like mentioned earlier, a perp will fire at anyone that can arrest them regardless of the uniform, color of rmp. If you can arrest them, they don't like you. It's that simple.
          I couldn't agree more.

And to those that think a different color uniform would prevent attacks, there was an SSA that died in 2005 after being assaulted. Import said it best, "a perp will fire at anyone that can arrest them regardless of the uniform, color of rmp. If you can arrest them, they don't like you."

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18082-sc...muels-benjamin

Rest in Peace

Comment

Criminal Court Arrest Warrants may only be executed by Police Officers.

Probation Officers may execute Violation of Probation Warrants

NYS Court Officers may execute Bench Warrants

NYC Deputy Sheriffs may execute Family Court Arrest Warrants, since they do not originate in a Criminal Court. The warrant is addressed to Police and Peace Officers.

Comment

If I ever come across any of them VAS frauds I'm gonna empty out my summons book on them

Comment

I remember I was driving around the 66 pct area and all of a sudden I see a black vehicle with tinted windows and lights on trying to pull me over. I stopped and let the man come over to me to and tell me what I did wrong. First thing he does is say he is shorim neighborhood patrol and tells me that I was speeding past him while he was getting out of his vehicle and also complained about my tints. He tells me that he can summons me but he was giving me an extra chance (I guess he was trying to scare me)

I identified myself as an APO and told him not to touch my vehicle and to back off before I arrest him myself for trying to impersonate a police officer. He apologized to me and ran off to his car.

All I know is that the only thing they can do is call 911 if they see something wrong going on. If they want to volunteer then they should just joined the Auxiliary program. I see that they mostly like to take care of things themselves which can lead to a nice lawsuit. I have friends that had problems where they try to physically detain you and try to question you.
                Last edited by Epyon8486; 10-04-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Dude u should have detained him and called a unit over to arrest him...

Comment

Shomrim is a load of horse-crap! They even have one of these:

Comment

Wow. I WISH that happened to me OFF DUTY.

I woulda made some cash on that impersonation collar. That is.. if it made it past the... oh.. nevermind. umm. nice today today right?
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

On the CrownHeights.info website, there are plenty of stories about how when people felt in danger they called the Shomrim immediately and they responded. Is that even legal? People in the neighborhoods are strongly encouraged to call the Safety Patrols rather than the police according to the local message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                          Wow. I WISH that happened to me OFF DUTY.

I woulda made some cash on that impersonation collar. That is.. if it made it past the... oh.. nevermind. umm. nice today today right?
                          Political Correctness

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                            Shomrim is a load of horse-crap! They even have one of these:

They have about 5 of those command centers. That's just the newest one. And it was paid for by us, the taxpayers, since it was paid for with grants from the City Council and Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz. What a waste of $250,000.

Here's 2 more of them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3939681754/

http://www.crownheights.info/media/s...presence/4.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
                              On the CrownHeights.info website, there are plenty of stories about how when people felt in danger they called the Shomrim immediately and they responded. Is that even legal? People in the neighborhoods are strongly encouraged to call the Safety Patrols rather than the police according to the local message boards.
                              Anything's legal for them since they have all that political power.

Heck, they've even been in car pursuits.

"Sunday evening in the heart of Boro Park a car-jacking took place on 45th St. between 17th and 18th Avenues. A slim built male Black ran up to the car and pointed a gun at the driver and ordered him to exit the vehicle and fled with it.

The Boro Park Shomrim Division responded to the call along with numerous Police Officers from the 66th Precinct and began canvassing the area for the car, a 2007 Black GMC Envoy. All the other Shomrim Divisions including Flatbush, Crown Heights and Williamsburg were notified and requested to assist in the canvas. Police had issued a Level One Mobilization as well, notifying the surrounding Precincts of the incident.

A creative Shomrim Member suggested to the Police Sergeant on scene to use the cars OnStar system to locate it using GPS, which only moments after the robbery they had received a hit on the vehicles location at E. 53rd St. and Avenue J in Flatbush and OnStar kept updating Police and Shomrim as to the vehicles location in the meantime both Shomrim Flatbush and Boro Park began pursuing the vehicle for nearly 10 minutes up to Ralph Ave. and Avenue X where the SUV collided with a police car while attempting to evade police.

The car sustained front end damage wasn’t able to drive so the perp got out of the car and began running on foot followed by Police and Shomrim hot on his trail, the pursuit lasted only a few moments and police apprehended him. In his possession they found the gun he used which had not been loaded. When asked why he car-jacked the car the perp simply said ‘I needed an Envoy’."

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
                                Political Correctness
                                Exactly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3997 users online. 280 members and 3717 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X