300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LINY View Post
    I'm sure any School Safety in East NY would disagree. In some places they're numerous. Like I said the other day in Far Rockaway there was an RMP shot at with MOS in it simply for being an RMP.
    LINY-I'm affraid to say, you are truly misinformed. I patrol east new york and its not the "WILD WILD WEST" you make it seem, yes its a high crime area, yes there is gang activity. But if you were a LEO you would know gangs do their dirt quick. They don't dance around with knives stabbing each other for hours. 2 to 5 stabs and run. Its not the jets and sharks fighting.
    ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

Originally posted by NYRangers718
      So let's take the shootout last night the E.Elmhurst. Three guys with guns were robbing a gas station. It just so happens Traffic/School Safety/Auxiliary pulls up in a WHITE POLICE VEHICLE to get some coffee or a drink or some food. Perps see them, run out, SHOTS FIRED CENTRAL!!!
      The same thing would probably happen even if the car was black or dark blue. The car still says NYPD on the side, has red lights on the roof, and has uniformed men and women in it.
      Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
      NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
      Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
      NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
      NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
      U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

yea one thing I learned quickly is that criminals are definately stupid. I doubt they would have cared if the car was black, pink, white, or purple as long as it said NYPD they were opening up.
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with NYCAPO and gbot, the car could have been one of those security cars that look like radio cars and they would have shot.

Speaking of white cars... Speaking of people without authority to affect an arrest driving them, red lights, anything...

What does everyone think of this?
          Attached Files

Comment

That car I think is ridiculous. Shomrim is a private civilian patrol, are not part of the NYPD, and are not peace or police officers. And how much training do they go through? I'd say less than A/PO's, and that's assuming they go through any training. And I'd bet to say that none of them are trained to drive that car with the lights and sirens. A/PO's and SSA's go through vehicle operations training at Floyd Bennett Field.
            Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
            NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
            Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
            NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
            NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
            U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

Oh, I'll back you up twice if I could. They drive and park like nuts with the VAS plates.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                WHAT?

Dude, you havent got a clue. Keep studying.

A peace officer can make a WARRANTLESS ARREST, a police officer can make a WARRANT ARREST.

TRANSLATION>

A peace officer CANNOT serve a WARRANT.

A police officer CAN serve a WARRANT.

WARRANTLESS=NO WARRANT.

So, aside from WARRANTS, STOP QUESTION AND FRISK there is no difference.
                More NYS confusion:

NYC Deputy Sheriffs are Peace Officers and we have units dedicated to making arrests based only on warrants.

NYS has got to be the most confusing state when it comes to this stuff.
                “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

It's amazing how the NYPD goes after it's own for using their logo or something very similar to it on groups within the Dept but yet nobody has a problem with Shomrin. This isn't Isreal and this type of thing should be ILLEGAL. You want to do civilian patrol? Join Auxiliary. We have something called the NYPD that works to protect people in this city. I bet if a group of Italians in Bensonhurst or a group of Polish guys in Greenpoint wanted to have a Civilian Patrol like that they'd be arrested without question for impersonating Police Officers. It's funny how votes are bought in this city.

Same thing with those "VAS" cars in Brooklyn with more lights and sirens on it that a X-Mas tree. Even cars without VAS plates with lights and sirens and I've even seen cars with Jersey plates speeding through Brooklyn lights and sirens. How is this allowed? These people blow red lights and use their sirens to get through traffic and as soon as it's clear lights and sirens go off. WTF?!?!? These worst is the driving. Can anyone back me up when I say these guys drive like total A-Holes? Someone really has a got to put A $TOP to this!!! But they won't...because...POLITICIANS <3 VOTES
                  TRUE STORY, i was on patrol in Brooklyn South, and one of those VAS blew by me on the opposite side of traffic and along came SHOMRIN right behind them, almost hitting my patrol vehicle. THEY are going to kill somebody ! they don't even stop for a red light for 1 second to make sure the intersection is clear.
                  ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

Yeah it;s amazing. I have one of those VAS services around my house, and I see the SAME Honda Accord responding to the SAME emergency at the SAME time every morning.... life in NYC

Comment

I bet you'd get messed with if you pulled one over or wrote one a parker or something as a cop also lol. I love politics as much as the next guy/gal but that crap is truly ridiculous.

Comment

Im surprised no one has mentioned the two Aux officers for the NYPD who were shot and killed two or three years ago. Thats a classic example of a perp not really
                        knowing the difference AND not caring whether those two officers were regulars or SSA or what. All they saw were two uniforms coming and shot at them.
                        "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
                        Moliere

Comment

I was eating in a place down the block when that happened. Scary stuff. RIP
                          What really boggles my mind about that is that i was shocked to hear that the Aux Dept for the NYPD did not supply Aux's with Vest's back then. I mean its bad enough that the Aux's wear the same navy blue as a regular, but to not give them vests? Geez
                          "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
                          Moliere

Comment

What happened to those auxiliary officers was a tragedy. I felt it deeply, as I spent three years as an auxiliary before I got hired by SSD. I saw the reality first hand when I attended the funeral services. Nevertheless, I think everyone understands and accepts the risks when they put on a uniform. Just like mentioned earlier, a perp will fire at anyone that can arrest them regardless of the uniform, color of rmp. If you can arrest them, they don't like you. It's that simple.

Comment

He doesn't- He's been on here a little over a week, and has 79, er 80 posts and just makes up stuff as he goes along
                              Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                              LINY......where do you get your info? Please read section 140.25 of the Criminal Procedure Law, it will give you the correct information. Nothing in that section speaks of dispatchers or other officers. Rembered the acronym: P. O. S. T. Peace Officer Standards and Training.......pretty much like our DCJS standards...except we have different standards for Police Officers and different basic standards for Peace Officers.
                              Last edited by soon2retire; 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM.
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Question from the Left Coast. VAS? Volly Ambulance..?
                                Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5222 users online. 341 members and 4881 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X