Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgive me id i am wrong... but i assume that what your saying is that no other peace officer agency shall be able to drive marked vehicles?. I guess 90% of all of the nyc/surrounding agencies better repaint their cars and remove all markings because they are not NYPD po's.

i surely do not agree traffic getting them. as dar as ssd, i dont mind it.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by SSD1084 View Post
      Where on these cars does it say "POLICE". no where but the exact same emblem we wear on our shirts and the same emblem that was on the black car.

Define "COPS" please
      it does say nyPd on the side....

Although I don't see the big deal, considering the Dept. is low in numbers of Police Officers, and this can help with deterrence. But safety is of utmost concern.

Comment

I'm a little weary because of the possible safety issues, but it is what it is meng.
        Liberalism is a mental disorder!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
          . Wait for one of those cars getting flagged down to an Assault in progress to see they're a bunch of old School Safety Agents.
          something like this happened in my neighborhood- it's not necessarily making people think there is more presence or safety. In some cases it's doing the opposite. My neighborhood has only gotten worse over the last year- people think they can get away with anything because they know the likelihood of getting reported and actually confronted is slim to none. Someone flagged down a traffic cop because their was a knife fight- the car drove away and called in backup which took a while to show

Comment

Originally posted by kdiaz2029 View Post
            something like this happened in my neighborhood- it's not necessarily making people think there is more presence or safety. In some cases it's doing the opposite. My neighborhood has only gotten worse over the last year- people think they can get away with anything because they know the likelihood of getting reported and actually confronted is slim to none. Someone flagged down a traffic cop because their was a knife fight- the car drove away and called in backup which took a while to show
            Last edited by SSD1084; 10-01-2009, 07:04 AM.
            ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

i think giving schhol safety and traffic white rmps without atleast giving them balistic vests is a bad idea waiting to happen. im just putting this idea out there but what if an ssa or tea drive by someone who is armed and has warrents on him? best case scenario is they could do is put it out over the radio and get out of there. worst case is someone might get hurt.

Comment

I think some of you guys really think these things happen on every corner.

The chances of running into a real life knife fight is really slim. You might even have a chance of winning the lottory than getting a pick up weapon fight or a robbery in progress. If you ever did, you shoulda played the numbers that night.

Unfortnently SSA's dont really have an option to just drive away. If they do, they more than likely get terminated as they just abandoned their oath. Special circumstances is where there is a chance they will get badly hurt or killed, that is understandable.

They deal with mainly schools, obviously. They do not go out into the streets and patrol them. If anything they drive from one school to another and listen to their own radio. Its not like us, we look for this stuff and listen to the jobs come over the radio. With SSA, its all about chance. Which isnt too good in a marked car.

Comment

ooooooooooooops.
                  Last edited by NYCTNT; 10-01-2009, 08:14 AM.

Comment

ooooooooooops again.
                    Last edited by NYCTNT; 10-01-2009, 08:15 AM.

Comment

TNT you are right our pick up jobs are mainly while driving to another site. And god willing nobody gets hurt on them.
                      ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

i like how this guy works for school safety and has a car.... i work patrol and hitchhike to post!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ImportInvasion View Post
                          oh yeah, one more thing, TRAFFIC with the exception of about 100 agents, are not sworn peace officers. They can't put a single finger on a perp, so with regards to them, I can understand peoples concerns. Thats why I agree that
                          'most" of their new white vehicles are Toyota Prius vehicle which are easily recognizable. I have met a few traffic agents that are sworn peace officers, but I doubt they have much experience exercising thier powers. (but only a traffic level 4 would know for sure) SSD on the other hand is sworn from end to end. We all do our time at the academy, and trust me we all get our turns with perps. Unfortunately, this is something the public will probably never fully understand until they have an encounter with us. Good or bad LOL
                          I've also seen some Traffic SUV's that are driven by TEA's. They look like Police cars but they are not. One thing I like about the new Auxiliary car is at least it has Auxiliary in real big letters, the TEA's car doesn't and the SUV's look like normal RMP's.

SS's don't wear vests? That's just dangerous.
                          Last edited by LINY; 10-01-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

LINY - before you comment, do some research.

And, I agree with TNT. Knife fights, shootings, and assaults dont happen all too often. Its all about being in the right place at the right time (or wrong place at the right time how ever you wanna look at it). I've been on my share of pickup jobs, but its not like an episode of third watch.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                              Knife fights, shootings, and assaults dont happen all too often.
                              I'm sure any School Safety in East NY would disagree. In some places they're numerous. Like I said the other day in Far Rockaway there was an RMP shot at with MOS in it simply for being an RMP.
                              Last edited by LINY; 10-01-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Incidentally, although the department does not supply vests, we are allowed to wear them. A lot of task force officers and more than a handful in school wear their vests religiously. We are currently in talks with the union with regards to getting them supplied to ALL officers, but in the meantime they have to buy their own. Just an FYI, AND I agree that we should ALL have them considering what we do each day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5346 users online. 353 members and 4993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X