Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    I respond to 911 calls.
    You respond to 911 calls that occur in residences?

Comment

• You respond to 911 calls that occur in residences
      no, because thats not my job. Just like MTAPD doesnt respond to residences.
      Im pretty sure Co-Op City PD responds to 911 jobs in residences.
      sigpic

Comment

no, because thats not my job. Just like MTAPD doesnt respond to residences.
        Read the quote again and what you answered. I never said that you never responded to 911 calls.

Comment

• Ok LINY HOW ABOUT THIS ONE. Brooklyn june 09 during a dismissal shot rang out in a crowd , school safety runs into the crowd and pulls out the aided. Gets a description of the perp and puts it over. Lehman high school in the bronx students walks in to school with an assault rifle school safety notices and he takes off who's behind him ssd who collared him ssd. But esu got the credit.
          ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

Comment

• The cop who responds to your 911 call in NY at your house is not a Peace Officer
            thats the quote, what you are implying is that peace officers do not respond to 911 calls. As I said, CCPD will respond to residences. Just like NYPD TDs will not respond to residences.
            What does it matter where the job is, as long as your responding?

Dont you have a criminal justice course to get back to?
            sigpic

Comment

• LINY, I find it simply amazing that YOU are trying to argue your points with sworn MOS. Part of the job is owning your mistakes and not trying to BS your way through.

Do you know the daily life of a School Safety Officer, did you work their job for a day?
              I didnt, so I will take a SSOs word for it on what they do daily.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
                You respond to 911 calls that occur in residences?
                I don't and you point is?

Comment

• That's just it. If you are not aware of the everyday duties of a particular agency you need to stop spreading misinformation. Forums like this can be a powerful tool for helping current and future leo's but the info has to be correct. The stories SSD1084 mentions are completely true and happened EXACTLY as stated. Our radios are citywide, so if it happens in one sector or boro the entire division knows about it. Today for example, two 13's went down that I know of. There were multiple arrests. This is everyday stuff for us. EVERY agency in this city has their particular dutiesduties to handle, but every sworn peace officer in the state can step out of their GAO (GEOPGRAPHICAL AREA OF EMPLOYMENT) if/when necessary. LINY, even when I was fresh out of the academy I knew when it was time to fall back and LISTEN AND LEARN from those who know better. You can agree or disagree on the subject of white cars. FACT is that nomatter what color vehicle I patrol with, the law will be enforced fairly and effectively. Let's just put an end to the nonsense comments about who is better. Like I said before, police officers do an excellent job, but they don't do it alone...

Comment

• but every sworn peace officer in the state can step out of their GAO (GEOPGRAPHICAL AREA OF EMPLOYMENT) if/when necessary.

That is not a true statement.

(I do not mean to get involved with this thread, the initial point was should anyone other than a "Police Officer" be riding around in a vehicle that, for all intents and purposes, looks like a police car. That point was lost long ago-it is now talking about the CPL and geographic areas of employment-and giving out incorrect info-you cannot just "step out of your GAOE if/when necessary". My opinion is if is a police car-it should have a fully trained, authorized and armed Police Officer behind the wheel. If it is not a Police Officer-then the car should look substantially different)
                    Last edited by Sled; 10-16-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

thats the quote, what you are implying is that peace officers do not respond to 911 calls. As I said, CCPD will respond to residences. Just like NYPD TDs will not respond to residences.
                      What does it matter where the job is, as long as your responding?

Dont you have a criminal justice course to get back to?

Co-op City police-if that is what CCPD is referring to are NOT assigned to 911calls. They are not allowed to be the primary unit for 911 calls, they are not even in the 911 system. They may respond as a back-up to a NYPD 45th Precinct unit, but the 911 system will not assign the call to them. They may show up at it, but the responsibility for the call is NYPD' only.
                      CCPD may respond to calls from their own dispatchers, calls that originate from outside the 911 system, but that is a different animal than responding to 911 calls.
                      Last edited by Sled; 10-16-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Suffice it to say that we have plenty of people posting that have PRIDE in their job and what it entails, and try their damnest to do it well and above what is normally required to pick up a pay check.
                        Congratulations to you all...

Comment

• Originally posted by SSD1084 View Post
                          The agent after realizing the man had a firearm initiated a total lockdown of the building a made proper notification to HQ while she awaited for the GUNS to show up she and her partner proceeded to map out a plan to safeguard the kids. As units rolled up they carried out the plan of school safety. Had. So by you saying. They would run out of the building screaming is just ignorant. Most of us actually care about the kids and are willing to save a child especially young kids. Hopefully when you become a PO you mature a little bit.
                          Ok, but let me ask you this. dont you think you should be NYPD? With full pay and status? And guns? I mean you can call for help all you want its not gonna get there if a Columbine goes down, or more likely a gang shooting. They last seconds, you could be in the right place and the right time to do what Police guns are meant to do...save lives.

But instead your just another spectator to a tragedy as helpless and useless as the janitor. I am sorry, but when it gets real, evacuation plans and all that mean exaclty squat. People are gonna run where they are gonna run, you cant out direct gun fire. The guys with the guns direct what happens. everybody else is just a witness standing on the outside of the yellow tape wishing they could have done more.
                          Originally posted by FJDave
                          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

• Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                            Ok, but let me ask you this. dont you think you should be NYPD? With full pay and status? And guns? I mean you can call for help all you want its not gonna get there if a Columbine goes down, or more likely a gang shooting. They last seconds, you could be in the right place and the right time to do what Police guns are meant to do...save lives.

But instead your just another spectator to a tragedy as helpless and useless as the janitor. I am sorry, but when it gets real, evacuation plans and all that mean exaclty squat. People are gonna run where they are gonna run, you cant out direct gun fire. The guys with the guns direct what happens. everybody else is just a witness standing on the outside of the yellow tape wishing they could have done more.
                            Please with all due respect do not say we are as useless as janitors. Now the reason we are not just spectators is because the "cops" do not have access to evacuation sites and procedures. So when it comes to something like that we may be able to help with something other than shooting a perp. And not all school safety should become sworn police officers because let's face even I can't defend some of the mess we have but yes we do have some people who are qualified to become PO'S. But because they cannot take the time to finish the 60 credits.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSD1084 View Post
                              Please with all due respect do not say we are as useless as janitors. Now the reason we are not just spectators is because the "cops" do not have access to evacuation sites and procedures. So when it comes to something like that we may be able to help with something other than shooting a perp. And not all school safety should become sworn police officers because let's face even I can't defend some of the mess we have but yes we do have some people who are qualified to become PO'S. But because they cannot take the time to finish the 60 credits.
                              I certainly did not mean to imply that on a day to day basis you are useless as janitors, and I will apologise if you feel that was what I meant. I do think that "evacuation sites and procedures" is a myth that never has any bearing on reality when the poop hits the fan. I am sure it all works great in drills and small incidences but when the big one hits, its all gonna be as worthless as the paper it was printed on. It will be mass screaming, blood and panic. Your radio will be filled with people screaming things that dont need to be said and the phones will be jammed by all the kids calling mommy. You will feel alone admist chaos with the option of running with the kids or stopping the problem and saving lives, but wait, that option has not been given you. I hope you can at least wear confortable running shoes, because, yes, when the big one hits, you will not be valuable. You will just be one more person ETS has to save.
                              Originally posted by FJDave
                              GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                              "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

• When the day comes ill let you know how it went. But until then I stand by my people and know what we do. Unlike LASPD we do the job weaponless, underpaid and without any recognition, but we still clock in everymorning and get hurt defusing situations and help the public when warranted, school safety is nationally recognized as the 5th largest law enforcement agency in the country and it isn't treated well or respected so what else is new. Walk a mile in my shoes and you shall know what it truly is to be a school safety agent...... until that day do not pass judgement on what I will or willnot do or what I can and cannot do or who I could or can't help or my jurisdiction....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4802 users online. 281 members and 4521 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X