Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking NYPD exam for the 3rd time

Hello,

I am taking the NYPD exam in October. It is actually the third time I am taking it, I did pretty good on the last 2 but I just want to see if I can get my score any higher. I am not done with school yet and am not 21 so my last 2 tests, I could not go to the next steps (go to the med exam). My question is, does it look bad that I am taking the test a 3rd time? The NYPD is my dream and I want to do as well as possible on the written test. Since I am almost 21 now and have enough college credits, I plan on going to the medical following this test and going through the steps of the application process to hopefully get to the academy in Jan/July 2011. Also, from officers currently on the job: any advice from you would be greatly appreciated about the hiring process, academy, IMPACT, first year...etc. Thanks!
    Last edited by futurenypd; 09-29-2009, 11:36 AM.

No its not bad. You just want to keep active lists open for when its time to go through the process. Just remember, always go with the oldest exam(as long as it is NOT nearing expiration).

Hiring process can be tough and time consuming, but overall not a big deal.

The academy can be tough if you are not in some type of shape. Even if you are not, they will work you till you are and can pass the JST as well as the mile and a half run.

Impact, who knows when you get hired if they will still have impact due to the low numbers on patrol right now.

Your first year will be tough, very tough. Lots of movement to details, tour changes, overtime, hospital sittings. Actually this is the first few years.

It gets better, dont worry.

Just focus on school now and do what you need to do to get the requirments to get hired. Also keep you nose as clean as a whistle.

Also if you DO have your 60 credits by the time you are 21, go with the process ASAP. At least you will then be put in the system and you will know ahead of time if you will have a hiccup with something along the process. Such as a medical condition, psych evaluation, or whatever. You can always defer the academy when its call time if you do not have your degree yet.
    Last edited by NYCTNT; 09-29-2009, 12:28 PM.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
      No its not bad. You just want to keep active lists open for when its time to go through the process. Just remember, always go with the oldest exam(as long as it is NOT nearing expiration).

Hiring process can be tough and time consuming, but overall not a big deal.

The academy can be tough if you are not in some type of shape. Even if you are not, they will work you till you are and can pass the JST as well as the mile and a half run.

Impact, who knows when you get hired if they will still have impact due to the low numbers on patrol right now.

Your first year will be tough, very tough. Lots of movement to details, tour changes, overtime, hospital sittings. Actually this is the first few years.

It gets better, dont worry.

Just focus on school now and do what you need to do to get the requirments to get hired. Also keep you nose as clean as a whistle.

Also if you DO have your 60 credits by the time you are 21, go with the process ASAP. At least you will then be put in the system and you will know ahead of time if you will have a hiccup with something along the process. Such as a medical condition, psych evaluation, or whatever. You can always defer the academy when its call time if you do not have your degree yet.
      Thanks so much for the info NYCTNT, much appreciated!

Comment

YOu know when you go for the hiring process they count your oldest test score if its still within 4years.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I just took it today, and I got a 94. It really wasn't that hard if you have most of your brain with you. I actually have to wonder how many people fail.

The worst part is I still remember the damn memorization and license plates!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2585 users online. 168 members and 2417 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X