Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Question- Was there ever a Grumman Police?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Question- Was there ever a Grumman Police?

I remember growing up, someone said they were a member of the Grumman Police in Long Island. I would say sometime 1980s. Can anyone confirm if such existed?

Yep-my late dad worked security for Grumman and retired in 1985. His uniform had a patch that said "Grumman Police" on it ( still have one of his shirts hanging in my closet w/ the sergeant's shield on it) and he carried a firearm on a pistol license, but I'm not sure of any LE status he may have had, perhaps on the grounds of Grumman. I do remember that the job sounded pretty para-military as he started there in the height of the cold war and he had to have some heavy duty security clearances, as well as a lot of liason stuff w/ the NCPD. ( The Chief of Patrol was a frequent visitor and my dad became pretty good friends w/ him) Wish he was still around to ask him more.
    Originally posted by americanpolice View Post
    I remember growing up, someone said they were a member of the Grumman Police in Long Island. I would say sometime 1980s. Can anyone confirm if such existed?
    Last edited by soon2retire; 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM.
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4887 users online. 288 members and 4599 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X