Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Question- Was there ever a Grumman Police?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soon2retire
    replied
    Yep-my late dad worked security for Grumman and retired in 1985. His uniform had a patch that said "Grumman Police" on it ( still have one of his shirts hanging in my closet w/ the sergeant's shield on it) and he carried a firearm on a pistol license, but I'm not sure of any LE status he may have had, perhaps on the grounds of Grumman. I do remember that the job sounded pretty para-military as he started there in the height of the cold war and he had to have some heavy duty security clearances, as well as a lot of liason stuff w/ the NCPD. ( The Chief of Patrol was a frequent visitor and my dad became pretty good friends w/ him) Wish he was still around to ask him more.
    Originally posted by americanpolice View Post
    I remember growing up, someone said they were a member of the Grumman Police in Long Island. I would say sometime 1980s. Can anyone confirm if such existed?
    Last edited by soon2retire; 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• History Question- Was there ever a Grumman Police?

I remember growing up, someone said they were a member of the Grumman Police in Long Island. I would say sometime 1980s. Can anyone confirm if such existed?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4482 users online. 243 members and 4239 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X