Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 14 Test Day Compilation

Hey everybody,

So testing season is upon us! I would like to start a list of all the tests that are occurring this fall. Most seem to be on the same day, so there are many cross filing opportunities!

I would like to focus on Upstate NY as that is where I am from.

OK, I will start:

Albany City PD*
    Saratoga County Sheriff*
    Colonie PD*
    NYS University PD

* indicates residency requirement

Originally posted by ProfessorBlinks View Post
    Hey everybody,

So testing season is upon us! I would like to start a list of all the tests that are occurring this fall. Most seem to be on the same day, so there are many cross filing opportunities!

I would like to focus on Upstate NY as that is where I am from.

OK, I will start:

Albany City PD*
    Saratoga County Sheriff*
    Colonie PD*
    NYS University PD

* indicates residency requirement
    Just an FYI. Albany PD does NOT hire off the non residency list. So if you dont live in the city, I wouldn't bother applying. (You dont have to be a resident to take the exam).
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

Mt.Vernon, Glen Cove I know also anyone know whats the deal with White Plains?

Comment

WNY areas but worth a shot
        Monroe County
        Rochester
        City of Batavia
        Genesee County
        Chautauqua County
        Alf

Comment

Originally posted by krash131 View Post
          Mt.Vernon, Glen Cove I know also anyone know whats the deal with White Plains?
          If you don't live in White Plains, don't bother. They do not hire non-residents UNLESS you have connections. AND, yes, during the investigation the P.I. will make sure to find out if you live in W.P. Three friends of mine took the last test they had, I think 2 years ago, but they did not live in W.P. They did have family living in W.P. and they thought they would get away with just doing an address change, little did they know the P.I. made every effort to verify their residency. ALL the neighbors were interviewed and the P.I. found out they only did an address change so they were never called. Later on they found out they their names were dropped off the list because they did not live in W.P.

The test is open to all though.
          Last edited by CRS1; 10-02-2009, 09:23 AM.
          Exam 8322
          List# 5XX
          Medical: Passed
          Written: Passed
          Oral: Passed
          Meet with BI: Done
          JST: Passed
          1st Mini-Med: Passed
          2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRS1 View Post
            If you don't live in White Plains, don't bother. They do not hire non-residents UNLESS you have connections. AND, yes, during the investigation the P.I. will make sure to find out if you live in W.P. Three friends of mine took the last test they had, I think 2 years ago, but they did not live in W.P. They did have family living in W.P. and they thought they would get away with just doing an address change, little did they know the P.I. made every effort to verify their residency. ALL the neighbors were interviewed and the P.I. found out they only did an address change so they were never called. Later on they found out they their names were dropped off the list because they did not live in W.P.

The test is open to all though.
            A kid I went to HS with lives in Rockland County and has been a WP cop for over a year.

Just to add to the list:

Orange County

Comment

CRS1 im pretty sure you're wrong about that one.. in the announcement it says WP residents MAY get preference... from what i understand, I spoke with the Dt. in charge of BI and he said their preference is given to WP residents until there are enough WP res. currently serving in the department, and last time i spoke with him, this quota was full so they are willing to hire outside... My brother, who didnt live in WP, and didn't use a fake address in WP, was sent the BI packet a few years ago when he took it and one of his friends who lived in the BX was even hired.... The test that was given in 07 is going to be extended another 2 years, supposedly.
              Last edited by wannabe50; 10-08-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

i just re-read my first sentence and i kinda came off like a know-it-all d*ck lol, sorry about that, no disrespect lol some of my info may also be wrong....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3606 users online. 219 members and 3387 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X