300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Court Officer

Hey, i registered to take the upcoming exam for NYS court officer, just curious if there is anyone else out there who also signed up.

Originally posted by nyymike1229 View Post
    Hey, i registered to take the upcoming exam for NYS court officer, just curious if there is anyone else out there who also signed up.
    I signed up.. Im still waiting on a notice to report either in October or December

Comment

I haven't recieved any notice either, im hoping to go into the nypd, but ill take whatever i can get...after 5 yrs of college i just gotta put the degree to some good use lol

Comment

You won't hear til shortly before the exam. As far as "ill take whatever i can get" being a Court Officer is not exactly slumming, and is pretty hard to beat (except for Nassau or Suffolk PD)- They're not called "New York's Smartest" for nothing
        Last edited by soon2retire; 09-26-2009, 07:35 PM.
        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

My uncle's brother was a court officer, made some friends, went to night school, and now he's an attorney! Barely even paid for it because the people in the court house he befriended have some friends in local law schools!

Comment

Has anyone on here been called for the October class yet?

Comment

Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
              You won't hear til shortly before the exam. As far as "ill take whatever i can get" being a Court Officer is not exactly slumming, and is pretty hard to beat (except for Nassau or Suffolk PD)- They're not called "New York's Smartest" for nothing
              haha yeah i didn't mean for it to sound like that lol. I have been studying my a** off for this court officer test, id be more then happy with either.

Comment

Court Officer Exam 09

Hello everyone,

I signed up for the Court Officer Exam as well, I'm not to happy with the whole Peace Office Status. But I'll take what ever comes around, especially if NYPD dosen't get their financial chaos in one piece.

I hear that even if you pass the court officer exam, and do well during the rest of the hiring process, it may take two years before you get on.

Classes are very small, cany anyone confirm this??

Thanks.
                "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

Why are you not happy w/ the "whole Peace Officer Status"? Is that really important? See above post. If you ace the test you MIGHT be processed quickly (about 6 months) if they need bodies. The courts can be, and are generally pretty fussy w/ who they take, The 30/55 sucks, but overall it's still a great job. Classes in Cohoes now and the one starting on Monday in NYC are small (about 40 in each) Future class sizes depend on A) OCA taking over more positons upstate from Sheriff's Depts. and B) new openings via retirement or slots opening up from people getting promoted downstate
                  Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
                  Hello everyone,

I signed up for the Court Officer Exam as well, I'm not to happy with the whole Peace Office Status. But I'll take what ever comes around, especially if NYPD dosen't get their financial chaos in one piece.

I hear that even if you pass the court officer exam, and do well during the rest of the hiring process, it may take two years before you get on.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by soon2retire; 10-03-2009, 07:20 PM.
                  RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
                    Hello everyone,

Thanks.
                    What difference does the peace officer status make? You can still carry a firearm and make arrests both on and off-duty and are HR 218 covered. There will be boring days, but you'll get your share of action. You'll also discover quickly that the criminals don't really care about the differences between police and peace officers.

Comment

Court Officer is not a position I could deem as a "whatever comes around" thing lol. I'm sure many will agree that it's one of the most sought after positions in NYS Law Enforcement. 80,000 people taking an exam is no small #.

Comment

Yes it is a very good job, peace officer status doesn't matter, a guy I work with knows Niagara Falls cops who left that department to be NYS Court Officers.

Comment

Well, I guess you guys are right, what do I have to lose.

Thanks for the advice, do guys know where I can get some literature to study for the test? They have this brief sample test on the NYS Courts Website, but I need more to read on, thanks.
                          "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

I am also signed up to take the test and also awaiting the NYPD. because of the lack of funds, my academy date has been pushed to the soonest being
                            July 2010. I took the exam and have been waiting since July 2008. A would much rather the court officer position. The pay is great and its a much cushier job in my opinion.
                            Exam date: July 20, 2008
                            Exam #: 8120
                            List #: 1##

Comment

hello everyone, yes i signed up too.. i wish you all good luck hope to see you there
                              Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3831 users online. 306 members and 3525 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X