300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LINY

Do those numbers listed above include OT?
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
      LINY

Yeah. Top pay for an Officer is around 100K for Nassau. There was one DUI Officer in the news that was making 250K+ because he had so much OT. Best paid officers in the country, and worth it. I'd say we have the best departments in the country as a Civilian.
      Last edited by LINY; 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

LINY

Yes those are actual Gross Pay figures.

Comment

Between Suffolk and Nassau, who has the highest base salary?After how many years?
          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Between Suffolk and Nassau, who has the highest base salary?After how many years?
            I THINK Suffolk has the higher base but Nassau makes more OT.

Comment

Nassau has a higher base but it takes 7 instead of 5 yrs to reach.

Comment

Originally posted by ShantyIrish View Post
                Not knocking NYSP at all....$80k is a nice salary, but it's still lower then both LI counties.

Good luck to you too, if that's where you're heading. Troopers are good guys where I work.
                80k for a rookie is not lower than both LI counties.

Comment

A pretty good site, but not completely accurate. The raise we got 5 months ago is not reflected in the figures
                  Originally posted by UPNYPO View Post
                  http://seethroughny.net/StatePayroll...spx?BRANCHID=1

Under "agency/area" scroll down to "New York State Police"
                  Under "Subagency" scroll down to "New York State Police"

You can find Suffolk county or nas county on the site too.

Check this site out. This will tell you how much someone is making. If they are in a retirement system then their pay is on the website.
                  RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Nassau Co. (Police and fire)
                    Hennessy, Russell Nassau Annual $219,075

Suffolk Co. (Police and Fire)
                    Moore, Robert Suffolk $204,215

NYSP
                    Gourlay, William New York State Police Annual $178,281
                    Man there are guys on my job who do those numbers in their sleep, literally lol

Comment

Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                      A pretty good site, but not completely accurate. The raise we got 5 months ago is not reflected in the figures
                      these figures from 2008

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                        Man there are guys on my job who do those numbers in their sleep, literally lol

highest paid for the PAPD is a sergeant

Hoey, Thomas H Port Authority of NY&NJ Annual $103,361 $265,628

Comment

Originally posted by PDJoe View Post
                          80k for a rookie is not lower than both LI counties.
                          http://www.nytrooper.com/salary_benefits.cfm

Just to clarify, everyone STARTS higher then NCPD, that's not anything new....but noone can keep up with them! Hell, I think even Nass Comm college public safety starts higher then Nass cops! lol.

As per the link, a 5yr vet is just over $87k....I made more then that in my 3rd yr, and had more time off to enjoy it.

Noone beats the NCPD job as a whole: chart, benefits or pay as a complete package. Not even Suffolk in my opinion.

I wasn't knocking the job or their salary, it's a great job and a very handsome salary....
                          Last edited by ShantyIrish; 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: content
                          Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Makes sense, just like everything else in state government, it moves VERRRYYYYY SLOWLY LOL
                            these figures from 2008
                            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Originally posted by ShantyIrish View Post
                              http://www.nytrooper.com/salary_benefits.cfm

As per the link, a 5yr vet is just over $87k....I made more then that in my 3rd yr, and had more time off to enjoy it.
                              April 1st 2010 a Trooper with 5yrs on will be earning $93,391 base salary living in upstate NY. A Trooper living in Nass/Suff with 5yrs on will earn $103,509.

IN 2010 A Trooper just out of the academy if they were to get Nass/Suff (Which they wouldn't) earns $85,675 <--- This is with less than a yr on!!!

The median price of a home in my neighborhood was $60,000 in 2,000. In 2,009 it is $100,000.

How much did you pay for your home?
                              Last edited by GrayPatriot; 09-25-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                                April 1st 2010 a Trooper with 5yrs on will be earning $93,391 base salary living in upstate NY. A Trooper living in Nass/Suff with 5yrs on will earn $103,509.

IN 2010 A Trooper just out of the academy if they were to get Nass/Suff (Which they wouldn't) earns $85,675 <--- This is with less than a yr on!!!

The median price of a home in my neighborhood was $60,000 in 2,000. In 2,009 it is $100,000.

How much did you pay for your home?
                                Way too much! And my taxes are out of control too....In 2009 median home price was like $380,000. (don't quote, may be off by some)In my particular case, where my primary home is considerably more though.

But I'm still missing your point. As a person's total "worth" is not measured by real estate prices alone. You know that.

Listen, I wasn't knocking the job or income. I believe I've made that clear. I'm not sure why you are taking the posture you are.

I still stand by my original comment, even with NYSP 2010 figures you provided, it's still a tough stretch to match NC's salary/benefits/duty chart.

More details can be provided if you care to pm me.

Also...in regards to my post regarding salary at 3yrs...That was just over 8yrs ago. What was a 3yr vet of the NYSP making 8yrs ago? Certainly not the money they're making now or next years figures you provided. Right? I should've clarified my response.

Another also....clarify please: a 5yr vet salary you posted...is this base pay or finalized pay with all additional income not including OT? Best I can find right now, for a current 5yr NC vet BASE PAY(no night diff, education pay, holiday pay or OT) is at $84,000 roughly. So, a current 5yr NC vet, working nights without OT is making just over 6 figures, like your guys...But his top pay step when he reaches it in 4 more yrs, will be higher.
                                Last edited by ShantyIrish; 09-25-2009, 10:44 PM. Reason: content...should've done my research first!!!
                                Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5131 users online. 316 members and 4815 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X