300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSP Question

Does the NYSP keep you in your home troop. Or is it possible for someone from Long Island being stationed way upstate.

The needs of the department are greater than yours, Welcome to a para-military organization, you will go where they need you. Might they try to accommodate you, possibly...but more than likely you will be wherever they need bodies.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. K or F wouldnt be too bad, especially considering NYSP does 12hr tours. What are the chances of being sent to Troop L. Also why might one be sent to Troop B, is there a shortage up there or something.

Comment

NYSP is probably the best gig in NYS. A good friend of mine is a trooper and said they just got a new contract that puts them above Suffolk County PD Salary.

Comment

Getting put upstate sounds like fun, especially since they can be the only primary law enforcement around, meaning they get to answer 911 calls.

Comment

Originally posted by 2010DEP View Post
              NYSP is probably the best gig in NYS. A good friend of mine is a trooper and said they just got a new contract that puts them above Suffolk County PD Salary.
              I seriously doubt that...

NYSP settled their contract in 2008. This contract doesnt expire until 2011. As far as them making SCPD money, I dont think so.
              We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                I seriously doubt that...

NYSP settled their contract in 2008. This contract doesnt expire until 2011. As far as them making SCPD money, I dont think so.
                It's true, my friend just graduated from NYSP Academy a few months ago and he's expected to take home around 80K when all is factored in. They do pretty well.

Comment

Not knocking NYSP at all....$80k is a nice salary, but it's still lower then both LI counties.

Good luck to you too, if that's where you're heading. Troopers are good guys where I work.
                  Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Pay (for all of ny public employee's)

http://seethroughny.net/StatePayroll...spx?BRANCHID=1

Under "agency/area" scroll down to "New York State Police"
                    Under "Subagency" scroll down to "New York State Police"

You can find Suffolk county or nas county on the site too.

Check this site out. This will tell you how much someone is making. If they are in a retirement system then their pay is on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by 09fine View Post
                      Thanks for the info. K or F wouldnt be too bad, especially considering NYSP does 12hr tours. What are the chances of being sent to Troop L. Also why might one be sent to Troop B, is there a shortage up there or something.
                      It changes from class to class. My class the 196th had to pick from B, C, D, F, or K. the 197th only had B, C, F, and K. Usually L Troop is closed out of the academy. Same with A, E and G. The reason being people like to live in the more populated areas of the state so it is harder to get into those troops; also the more populated areas have more local police depts. After you get to you first assignment you can put in a memo for a transfer. You may have to travel for your first few years but eventually you will get back home. Needles to say my name was not on the list of transfers that just came out so I will be in the grate north for another winter.

Comment

Originally posted by UPNYPO View Post
                        http://seethroughny.net/StatePayroll...spx?BRANCHID=1

Under "agency/area" scroll down to "New York State Police"
                        Under "Subagency" scroll down to "New York State Police"

You can find Suffolk county or nas county on the site too.

Check this site out. This will tell you how much someone is making. If they are in a retirement system then their pay is on the website.
                        Nassau which has a lower rate of pay then Suffolk is making more then the NYSP. Not that it's a bad gig, but they're behind both N&S.

Comment

Nassau doesn't make less than Suffolk. Their new contract extension puts them on top. It's actually not even new.

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
                            Nassau doesn't make less than Suffolk. Their new contract extension puts them on top. It's actually not even new.
                            Actually, you're correct. Last year, Nassau County police averaged $137,858 in total pay; Suffolk's earned $136,985, according to NewsDay.

Comment

highest i found

Nassau Co. (Police and fire)
                              Hennessy, Russell Nassau Annual $219,075

Suffolk Co. (Police and Fire)
                              Moore, Robert Suffolk $204,215

NYSP
                              Gourlay, William New York State Police Annual $178,281

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5790 users online. 345 members and 5445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X