• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sc87 View Post
    how do you come up with a few thousand in just a few days
    Loan...

Comment

• oo ok, yes that would be fast i guess.

Comment

• They expect if u want the job bad enough you'll get it...I feel this is a reason alot of ppl defer the job because they cnt get the money...u gotta rem basically all the other PDs hired 2 weeks or more in advance where mv waits till a week to a few days before the academy starts...guess they wanna c if u really want it

Comment

• you guys are right with the few thousand dollars. Thats what I had to pay for my equipment. Make sure everyone who gets hired goes down to the police equipment store in the bronx asap to get their academy uniforms before they run out of things. Don't wait until the last day because you don't want to be that guy on the first day of academy without your stuff. Good luck to all

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up brother...were u called the day before swearing in?

Comment

• THANKS 1 Day,

hows everything going so far?

oo and did you have to take out a loan also?

Comment

• If I get called I'm thankful I have money saved from working!

Comment

• very lucky man!

Comment

• You'll be alright man let's hope we get the job first then worry bout money!

Comment

• yea thanks man your right!

Comment

• well im sure we will know in 2-3 days! goodluck everyone!

Comment

• loan or dump it all on a credit card and pay it when you get your first paycheck, thats probably what most people do.

Comment

• thats true, depending on how much the first pay check is

Comment

• hmm figure starting salary is about 38gs prob between 900-1000 every 2 weeks
                              Last edited by j1986; 01-03-2010, 04:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• worst case scenario half of your first 2-3 paychecks go right to paying off the card (at least mine would, you could keep the debt on the card and pay back little by little but thats up to you) and you're kinda broke for a month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4079 users online. 281 members and 3798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X