Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mount Vernon PD 2010 January Academy

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Someone I know went through with Scarsdale a few years ago. He said it was more learning based and they really concentrated more on that stuff than on PT and the formations and stuff. Things could've changed since then. I think he even said that in their PT they had to do a sit-and-reach test in addition to the sit-ups, push-ups, and run to graduate...Do they even have that anymore? NYPD did away with the sit-and-reach years ago.

    Comment


    • theres no sit and reachhh..the pt now is harder then it was a few years ago..they have a new guy in there..they do a work out similiar to the p90x..its very paramilitary..always gotta salute the sgts lts cpt commish and so on

      Comment


      • inspected every morning..if somethings not right your doing pushups...lol

        Comment


        • Front leaning rest position.......moveeeeeee. Definitely do not miss that!

          Comment


          • I'm still not clear on the part of do you have to buy your own service weapon or doest Mt. Vernon provide it to you ?

            Comment


            • You have to buy your own service weapon half way through the academy mt vernon doesn't provide you one

              Comment


              • the only thing they provide is bulletbroof someone said

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                  Someone I know went through with Scarsdale a few years ago. He said it was more learning based and they really concentrated more on that stuff than on PT and the formations and stuff. Things could've changed since then. I think he even said that in their PT they had to do a sit-and-reach test in addition to the sit-ups, push-ups, and run to graduate...Do they even have that anymore? NYPD did away with the sit-and-reach years ago.
                  There is no more sit and reach.

                  Originally posted by j1986 View Post
                  theres no sit and reachhh..the pt now is harder then it was a few years ago..they have a new guy in there..they do a work out similiar to the p90x..its very paramilitary..always gotta salute the sgts lts cpt commish and so on
                  The militaristic stuff is enforced pretty strictly. You have to square your corners when walking, salute all uniformed ranking members of any department that are up there and formation and uniform inspection every morning. If you are not squared away, you will do pushups every morning. The PT is pretty insane, he has a normal routine but mixes it up every few weeks, its definitely not easy. You'll get used to it eventually when you start getting in better shape but you'll still get a good workout in, the PT instructor is in ridiculous shape and takes PT very seriously, as he should. Be ready, its an experience.

                  Comment


                  • I attended an academy a few years back what you described is pretty much what I remembered before I left when my mother got sick. I guess as we all know the first week is hell week in which they weed out the serious people from the dreamers sometimes its more than a week. This should be interesting if I make the cut. I'm looking forward to it.

                    Comment


                    • so I hope we hear tomorrow

                      Comment


                      • anyone looking to be hired by mt vernon shouldn't expect a call until thursday afternoon for the swearing in ceremony on friday. thats how mt vernon does things don't ask why because I don't know why. That will leave you two days to get your equipment. Really only 1 day because most stores are closed sunday. Good luck

                        Comment


                        • im in the same boat as you guys sitting waiting for that call,one thing thats really bothering me is i went through the whole process,but yet still havent heard anything about taking the medical. i always thought the interview process was the last step but i was call in for that and it went well,but still no medical. Am i the only one?

                          Comment


                          • found a website that specifies the equipment needed for the academy. I realized most of this stuff ... Mainly the clothing can be found at sporting goods stores like Modell's mainly the dickies brand. http://www.newenglandsportswear.net/ACADEMY.htm might help with the price.

                            Comment


                            • i believe everyone here has had a medical and interview

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rd2success View Post
                                im in the same boat as you guys sitting waiting for that call,one thing thats really bothering me is i went through the whole process,but yet still havent heard anything about taking the medical. i always thought the interview process was the last step but i was call in for that and it went well,but still no medical. Am i the only one?
                                howd you skip the medical?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5411 users online. 340 members and 5071 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X