300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1dayrecruit View Post
    you guys wont get the call until the day before the swearing in ceremony so i wouldn't expect calls until the earliest on tuesday, idk when swearing in ceremony is but the last one was the wednesday before the academy which stared on monday.

you got the call the day before? did you have enough time to get all the equipment?

Comment

• does anyone know the hours of the academy?

Comment

• Journal News and News 12 are reporting that Yonkers canceled their academy class that was supposed to go in next week.

Comment

• yea there budget was voted no i heard about that last weeek

Comment

• the academy i believe is 8-4 gotta be there by 745

Comment

• I wonder if Westchester will push the academy back a week or two to see the outcome of the Yonkers PD protesting this and the fact that the County PD isn't squared away yet. With budget stuff and hirings due to the change in political office and police commissioner

Comment

• i dont think they would..it isnt the first time a pd in westchester went on a freeze and the academy went on...last jans class only had 13 recruits....i just talked to my friend in county and he said academy is starting monday...
                Last edited by j1986; 01-05-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• who said that the swearing in would be tomorow though? because in my interview, somebody said it would be the 8th

Comment

• Yeah that's true. Just wasn't sure if the County PD would wait a week or two to get things settled on their end since they have the ability to do so because they run the academy.

Comment

• it doesnt even seem like county is hiring new recruits for the academy according to my friendd

Comment

• Originally posted by j1986 View Post
                        the academy i believe is 8-4 gotta be there by 745
                        This is right. You have to be in formation on the drill floor at 0745.

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                        I wonder if Westchester will push the academy back a week or two to see the outcome of the Yonkers PD protesting this and the fact that the County PD isn't squared away yet. With budget stuff and hirings due to the change in political office and police commissioner
                        Highly doubtful. A lot of other municipalities committed to sending recruits and Yonkers always plays this game. Yonkers was never really set on sending a class, January always looked like a no-go. This just confirms it.

Originally posted by nymrh View Post
                        you got the call the day before? did you have enough time to get all the equipment?
                        You'll have enough time, just barely. There will be a lot of running around the couple of days right before the academy.

Comment

• Anyone called support services to see whats up ?

Comment

• no didnt know there was one, have you called?

Comment

• I called but the cops who are in that unit went home for the day I guess you have to call early in the morning.

Comment

• whats the academy environment like is it highly militaristic or is it more learning based as some police academies are turning into.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2596 users online. 132 members and 2464 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X