300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Depts hiring in Upstate NY

First the Colonie PD is hiring with an exam on Nov 14, 2009. Filing is due by October 9th. Also the SUNY Police are hiring. Test is on the same day and filing for the test is October 13th. Just giving you all a heads up, heard about this in class a few days ago!

Thanks for the info. November 14th is a popular day, I know Glen Cove PD and Yonkers PD have their test on that day too.

Comment

Yeah, it used to be the first weekend in December according to my professor but I guess the trend has changed. Anyways, good luck to everyone. 1 more year until I'm eligible!

Comment

Testing does not equate to hiring..test are held on a schedule. As you can by other posters here. A lot of tests will be held that day.

Comment

There are a lot of tests being held.....a lot of NY agencies set them on the same day......and I can tell you that a bunch are hiring....rumor around here is Colonie is going to be hurting for people.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD Ret View Post
            Testing does not equate to hiring..test are held on a schedule. As you can by other posters here. A lot of tests will be held that day.
            My professor who is also former NYPD received two e-mails that he showed our CJ class stating specifically that these two departments are HIRING. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

A lot of civil service agencies are cancelling test. just an FYI.
              Trying to get on in NY...
              PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

anybody have the website for the suny test?

Comment

Anyone know of morale for Suny Albany police? working conditions? Equipment?
                  Trying to get on in NY...
                  PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
                    anybody have the website for the suny test?
                    http://www.cs.state.ny.us/examannouncements/types/oc/

Comment

test

If they are on same day there is something called "cross-filling" so the one test counts for all you "register" for. It should be an option when filling out the application or will need to inquire for another paper to send in with it....even if you sent in application you still can cross file and send that in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob55 View Post
                        If they are on same day there is something called "cross-filling" so the one test counts for all you "register" for. It should be an option when filling out the application or will need to inquire for another paper to send in with it....even if you sent in application you still can cross file and send that in as well.
                        Will just cost some more money to. Forgot to mention that. Thanks. Colonie is like 50 bucks I think just to take the test!! Most others are around 12.50, if you live in the counties offering them usually they waive the fee. Good luck to all taking the tests!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6315 users online. 358 members and 5957 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X