300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County PD letter

I just received a certified letter today from the SCPD. Has anyone else received a letter? I'm like a lot of you that have been waiting forever and a day for this. I hope this is not a mistake cuz the letter says "DEAR HUNTINGTON BAY POLICE OFFICER CANDIDATE:". I hope that i'm not receiving this letter because they mistakingly think that i'm a resident of Huntington Bay. I live in Queens so I wouldnt be able to meet a residence requirement. Has anyone else received a letter or know if the Huntington Bay has their own town police. Any info will be appreciated. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

The police department is comprised of one Chief, one sergeant, and four full-time Police Officers
    sigpic

Comment

thats from their PD site, just google "huntington bay police department"
      sigpic

Comment

Does it state that there is a residence requirement? Did you do really great on the exam maybe? If you did well and they see that you're a CBPO they might like that combination, you probably have unique experience and have already proved that you're an upstanding citizen (who is trusted with a firearm no less).

Comment

Thnx for the info. I'm # 7 on the list. I scored a 102.5. 5 points for veterans credit. It doesnt say anything about a residence requirement. It just has the date for orientation. I had a friend tell me that the town could just be hiring off the list and not necessarily SCPD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was just wondering if anyone else received a letter.

Comment

The town is most likely hiring off the SCPD list...go forward with the process, and keep your fingers crossed, theres the posibilty of an SCPD class within 6 months.
            "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
            but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

I agree with Highway. Definitely pursue the job, if you get called for SCPD then you can make your decision at that time. Congrats on getting called.

Comment

Sounds like it could be a neat gig. Might be tough getting a day off w/ such a small dept. Good luck though!!
                Last edited by soon2retire; 09-17-2009, 06:46 PM.
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Thanks for the wishes. Anyone with any info on what the advantages/disadvantages are for working with the town vs. the county?

Comment

I heard a while ago Nassau town cops made more than county cops. dont know if it is true though, or true for Suffolk for that matter. Perks are you have a stable job with great benefits no matter what dept. you work for.

Comment

Don't believe there is a residency requirement for Huntington Bay. Might be wrong. But is a rather well-to-do area. Not many cops could afford to live there.

Comment

wow congrats bro, hope u make it. I started laughing when I read on their website, "Our police dept has 1 chief, 1 sgt, and 4 cops" lmao

Comment

The towns use the SCPD list to hire off of. Once they have processed all people living in the town they then move onto using non-residents to fill the positions. I scored a 97.5 on the test but as of now haven't received a letter.

Comment

Originally posted by CBPO23 View Post
                            Thanks for the wishes. Anyone with any info on what the advantages/disadvantages are for working with the town vs. the county?
                            Hunt. Bay is a LITTLE dept. This makes your business EVERYBODY's business at the workplace, and the chances for promotion more dependent on when someone is going to finally retire than how well you do on the promo exams.
                            It also limits what you can get into beyond patrol work. No SWAT, no K9, no aviation, no motors, etc.
                            If you can get on there and its not for you, keep taking other PD tests. In the meatime you'll get some experience, and won't have to sweat the $100 for the NEXT SCPD exam!
                            "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                            but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

Man, since I live in Huntington, I would've jumped on that. But then again....6 dudes? Sounds like it could get boring quickly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5819 users online. 342 members and 5477 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X