300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hempstead PD

Any idea on salary for Hempstead PD as well as the other village pds. Also is it more or less difficult to get hired by Hempstead then by the county. All info is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by 09fine View Post
    Any idea on salary for Hempstead PD as well as the other village pds. Also is it more or less difficult to get hired by Hempstead then by the county. All info is greatly appreciated.
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...ally-1.1451151

i don't know if this will help but it does state long island, and by reading it, probably is not limited to only NCPD, taxes in hempstead are equivalently high as to the rest of the other towns but i'm sure their making the same if not better being that they deal with gang activity as does suffolk county.
    NYCDOC- "we STRIVE towards exellence"

Comment

jeez I'm happy for a fellow cop, but all biases aside, LI cops make way too much

Comment

There's a line in today's newsday article, or at least the rough cut i read last night, where the commissioner says that police pay on long island will have to go down, just not yet. I'm all for cops making decent or even great money, but when my parents get their tax bill it's um, pretty grande. I for one cannot see myself being able to afford living in the town I live in with a decent sized family. But that's just New York (outside of NYC).
        Last edited by NYJets44288; 09-16-2009, 11:50 AM. Reason: Wasn't finished thinking

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
          There's a line in today's newsday article, or at least the rough cut i read last night, where the commissioner says that police pay on long island will have to go down, just not yet. I'm all for cops making decent or even great money, but when my parents get their tax bill it's um, pretty grande. I for one cannot see myself being able to afford living in the town I live in with a decent sized family. But that's just New York (outside of NYC).
          Give me a break. Explain to me why Long Island, the size of Fairfax county, VA (next to Washington DC), needs 126 school districts, while Fairfax does well with three. The teacher unions are the bloodsuckers of taxes, not the police.

You don't want your taxes to go up every year? Vote no on the school budget. BUT WAIT - if you do, the schools are forced, by the unions, to cut BUSSES, and not skyrocketing administrator/teacher salaries. So even if the budget is voted down, everyone still gets screwed. The whole system on Long Island is garbage. While police pay is high, the budget pales against the bloated island school systems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/01/ny...ef=long-island

Comment

I agree and I do vote no, but unfortunately where I live, my vote is a needle in a haystack of yes votes.

Comment

same here -I'm a Republican in a Democratic state where people actually enjoy paying taxes LOL
              I agree and I do vote no, but unfortunately where I live, my vote is a needle in a haystack of yes votes.
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Wrong Facts

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG..... But I will chalk that up to you being a kid.... When you grow up and own your own property you will see that the tax bill is itemized...... Scan down until you see the line that says police tax..... You will see that it is between $500 and $1000...... Mommy and Daddy might be paying 8000 to 30000 in property tax but it is NOT going to the police..... Maybe when you come home from school today you can ask your mom to see the tax bill as she is unpacking your spiderman lunch box...
                Check your facts before you post on here again..... The last thing this board needs is someone who spews false statements as truth..... This region's "Collective Conscious" accepts as undisputable truth the premise that since police make to much money, that is why my taxes and too high........ THE PREMISE IS COMPLETLY FALSE..........
                Last edited by FordRanger; 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FordRanger View Post
                  YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG..... But I will chalk that up to you being a kid.... When you grow up and own your own property you will see that the tax bill is itemized...... Scan down until you see the line that says police tax..... You will see that it is between $500 and $1000...... Mommy and Daddy might be paying 8000 to 30000 in property tax but it is NOT going to the police..... Maybe when you come home from school today you can ask your mom to see the tax bill as she is unpacking your spiderman lunch box...
                  Check your facts before you post on here again..... The last thing this board needs is someone who spews false statements as truth..... This region's "Collective Conscious" accepts as undisputable truth the premise that since police make to much money, that is why my taxes and too high........ THE PREMISE IS COMPLETLY FALSE..........
                  no actually the last thing this board needs is someone like YOU
                  get off your high horse, if someone's mistaken just make the correction and move on...jeebuz dude, and you're calling that guy a "kid"....

Comment

Maybe when you come home from school today you can ask your mom to see the tax bill as she is unpacking your spiderman lunch box...
                    I normally don't like to confront people based on these boards and the answers given but a mature well thought out retort like that makes me question why we need to pay certain immature officers that much. I respect that your job is professional and highly risky but the lack of understanding or curtousy is something that I loath. I think their is no need for a answer that includes to make fun of someone for lack of understanding or nievity.

Comment

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG..... But I will chalk that up to you being a kid.... When you grow up and own your own property you will see that the tax bill is itemized...... Scan down until you see the line that says police tax..... You will see that it is between $500 and $1000...... Mommy and Daddy might be paying 8000 to 30000 in property tax but it is NOT going to the police.....
                      You're not acting like an adult, so why should he? Look up at the previous responses to his post, like mine, before you make yourself sound like a jackass.

Comment

I like when everyone gets along. As I write this post from the see-saw in my backyard and prepare to get my PB&J from my BATMAN lunchbox, I can't help but think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Oh, excuse me, my mom's calling, bath time!

Comment

NYJets44288.. don't forget your huggies pull ups
                          one man wolf pak

Comment

Anyone else know anything about Hempstead PD?

Pros and cons to working there?

Comment

Originally posted by kaptr1d View Post
                              Anyone else know anything about Hempstead PD?

Pros and cons to working there?
                              I suppose a Pro is good pay, and a Con is working in one dump of a town.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2040 users online. 138 members and 1902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X