300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any VA Police Officers O.T.A

I recently applied for and recieved notice that I qualified for the Police Officer position in NY Harbor. Shortly after, I recieved a Notice of Availiabity. If there are any VA Police Officers who can advise me what the next steps are and how long the process takes, please reply.

You will be set up with an interview date and time, then physical.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Okay, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by inspector743 View Post
        Okay, Thanks
        They are calling to set up interviews. Just a heads up but you do know they have no status in NYS as peace officers unlike other federal officers.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          They are calling to set up interviews. Just a heads up but you do know they have no status in NYS as peace officers unlike other federal officers.
          That surprises me and they do carry. The CPL is so outdated. Those kind of things should be revisited.

Comment

Originally posted by sheonb View Post
            That surprises me and they do carry. The CPL is so outdated. Those kind of things should be revisited.
            While they can carry on the job and off duty per HR 218, NYS does not give them peace officer status. So its kind of a grey area if they would need a pistol permit for off duty carry.

Comment

I don't think they have a line in the cpl due to pension reason. Don't quote me on that though. Is that a federal agency?

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                I don't think they have a line in the cpl due to pension reason. Don't quote me on that though. Is that a federal agency?
                Yes. They police the VA hospital in Manhattan and Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Also the VA nursing home in St. Albans Queens.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  Yes. They police the VA hospital in Manhattan and Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Also the VA nursing home in St. Albans Queens.
                  Oh ok I saw those guys at the VA hospital in Brooklyn, seems like it is a great gig.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the information, though I was under the impression that they were granted Peace Officer status, I re-read the CPL and the only VA Officers in the state that have the status are those assigned to the hospital in Batavia.

Comment

Just a heads up but they had some issues about a year ago where someone complained to news about them not being allowed off property.

Comment

Intresting. The chief interviewed me and offered me a job straight out.

Comment

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loca...imits_to_Power

Comment

Good story, we will have to just wait and see if the law will change. I am also still waiting for that interview call. Ive been around the corner a few times with law enforcement jobs and the waiting part gets me each time.

Comment

Originally posted by inspector743 View Post
                              Good story, we will have to just wait and see if the law will change. I am also still waiting for that interview call. Ive been around the corner a few times with law enforcement jobs and the waiting part gets me each time.
                              The law wont change for the VA police. While NYS can authorize them to be peace officers for certain things, the VA can still restrict them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4826 users online. 293 members and 4533 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X