Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Bridge Authority Police

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...idge_Authority

Are they the only unarmed police department in the state?

And yes, they are police officers (not peace officers) under 1.20 of the CPL.

Thanks.
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Disbanded agency... no such animal anymore. The Bridge Authority exists, but police jobs are handled by the NYSP or agencies on either side of the bridges.

Comment

Originally posted by bxhousing View Post
      Disbanded agency... no such animal anymore. The Bridge Authority exists, but police jobs are handled by the NYSP or agencies on either side of the bridges.
      Do you know when the agency was disbanded? As of 2007, it was still active.

Section 200.4:
      http://www.nysba.net/Documents/NYS%2...hapter%20V.pdf
      Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
      NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
      Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
      NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
      NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
      U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

A few years ago, on the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, I would see a fully marked SUV with red and blue emergency lights on top that said "NYS Bridge Authority" and "Bridge Patrol" along the side of the SUV from time to time. I haven't seen one of them since then.
        Last edited by NFA5426; 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NFA5426 View Post
          A few years ago, on the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, I would see a fully marked SUV with red and blue emergency lights on top that said "NYS Bridge Authority" and "Bridge Patrol" along the side of the SUV from time to time. I haven't seen one of them since then.
          Yeah, it's been about 2 years.

Comment

thanks guys
            "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5657 users online. 340 members and 5317 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X