Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onondaga County Exam 66024 hiring process.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onondaga County Exam 66024 hiring process.

I took the exam in May and got a pretty good score. I'm just wondering when will the hiring process start? When would the prospective recruits get called for the physical agility test and the interviews?

I got my letter yesterday PT test first week in OCT.

Comment

Yeah, I got my latter today as well.

Comment

Good luck- the run is the hardest part 30 laps around a nasty little track. I plan on throwing up after... I guess out of one of the last groups there was 20 people and only 2 passed....I like those odds.

Comment

I've been training pretty hard since May, so I'm not too worried about passing this test.

Comment

The run is more psychological than physically demanding, thinking of running 30 laps around the track takes a toll on your mind and demoralizes you if you're not thinking about other things

Comment

Originally posted by Rzeszow View Post
              The run is more psychological than physically demanding, thinking of running 30 laps around the track takes a toll on your mind and demoralizes you if you're not thinking about other things

I prepared myself like crazy and passed the run 4 other times at other places in the last year...but on this track, I failed miserably. The toughest part on this track isn't that it's a 30 lap track (and that sucks enough), but the YMCA employees implant it in your head that if you step on the white line that the narrow lanes have, they will DQ you. So, I tried so hard to make sure I didn't step on the white line and stopped paying attention to my pace which really messed me up. Just prepare yourself even more and conquer the damn thing! lol
              Last edited by toocoldhere11; 09-19-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I've taken the PAT and passed. The run wasn't as bad as I expected. The situps form was completely different from the way I'm used to doing them, but I was able to get the neccessary amount out.

Comment

Well I failed by 1 lap.... I thought i had it paced well...
                  my first 10 laps was 3:42 next 10 was total of 8:43 then i got to the last 2 at 11:53 and somehow did not pass.....the last 5 laps i sprinted.... well i also stopped and got water liek an idiot but it was so dry in there i could not breathe.... i am calling monday to retest.. the two other guys who passed were probably 170-190 pounds and both over 6 feet i am 5-11" and 225... i am not a runner

Comment

I wish you luck on the next try. For me it helps to keep the same pace for the run. I try to not to "sprint" when I start or finish, just keep the same quick pace throughout.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4598 users online. 303 members and 4295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X