300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD window sticker decal questions.

Is it illegal in NYC to have a NYPD sticker on your window or on your bumper if you're not a NYPD officer or have any associated relationship with them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Police-Decals-5-...d=p3286.c0.m14

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/NYPD-NEW-YORK-PO...3286.m20.l1116

$8.00????

WOWWWWW.

They cost about a $1.50 at the police equipment store in the city.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Yes. But will you get hassled for it? Probably not.

Comment

Many folks like to put these stickers on their cars, thinking that they'll get a pass when someone's looking to write a parker. Unfortunately for them, most parkers are written by TEAs, and TEAs don't even respect a department-issued parking plaque, let alone some little NYPD sticker.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

There is a vtl code against displaying decal(s) 396-1? It is also an Admin code violation.You need the permission of the PC to display,just ask ray,i'm sure he won't mind.
          retired cop

Comment

I had a friend who was a Deputy Commissioner. He gave me his card and told me to call him if I had any problems. I never did, but I always wondered how much pull he had.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              I had a friend who was a Deputy Commissioner. He gave me his card and told me to call him if I had any problems. I never did, but I always wondered how much pull he had.
              More than you could imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                More than you could imagine.
                It was a high-level civilian job having to do with Information Technology, and I understand that NYPD has a lot of Deputy Commissioners, so I didn't think he would have much to do with law-enforcement operations. He wasn't even armed, which I thought was surprising given that he was a former police officer whom I had worked with in California. Anyway, he left a few years ago and went to Washington, D.C. I don't know what became of him.

I was raised in New York and used to have family and an office there, so I went back there frequently. All the NYPD officers I have encountered were very friendly, and even encouraged me to carry a gun, which was too much of a hassle because I always flew, and usually only for a few days.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Aside from wanting to show your support for us why would u even want to put one of those stickers on your window. You won't find a cop with one, we don't like to advertise. I can tell you this, I don't write A's, I'm in housing, lol, but the Brownies are relentless and could care less what you have in your window. They've even been known to write unmarkeds at court. Its such a friggin joke, or should I dare say they are.

As for your window sticker, anything other than official business using our emblem, displaying our emblem to purport that your an officer of the law, or using our emblem without the express permission of ole Popeye himself is a big no no.
                  Last edited by FinestFish; 09-06-2009, 09:13 AM. Reason: added a line

Comment

ID stuff

I show NJSP FTA (New Jersey State Police, Former Troopers Association) decals on my cars above the car reg/inspection. Don't expect any favors while parking, but like to "show the flag" if stopped for some MV violation. Also gives the stopping MOS a heads up to hopefully lower the stoppingtension.

Used to collect PBA cards (NJSP does not issue them), the person showing the card got a 'get out of jail' for anything mv wise less than DWI. I would confiscate the card, if the person argued I would tell him he can keep the card but get the summons. Nobody chose the summons.
                    If the card wasn't signed by the person carrying the card I would give it to my friends that has asked for something from me...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3272 users online. 186 members and 3086 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X