300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW Question???

Can off-duty NYS armed Peace Officers CCW off-duty firearms in NY State Parks?? The ones especially in NYC and LI??? If not or so, can you post link or site or any personal experiences. The only place I know of that is off limits are Ferderal Courthouses and buildings.
    Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM.
    CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
    FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Are you carrying on your shield or with a permit?

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
      Are you carrying on your shield or with a permit?
      Shield and ID, CCW dept approved and registerd and qualified Off-duty weapon
      Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

No person, other than a member of a Federal, State or munici-
        pal law enforcement agency, shall introduce or possess, either upon the
        person or within a vehicle, or use any firearm
        or any instrument or weapon
        the propelling force of which is a spring, rubber or air or any ammuni-
        tion or propellant therefor, or a bow and arrow, except for hunting where
        permitted by a rule or regulation of a regional park, recreation and his-
        toric preservation commission or pursuant to a permit issued according
        to the provisions of section 376.1(r)* of this Title.
        (2) Any person employed by a private security

New York State Park Rules and Regulations Section 375.1 subsection (P)

Comment

No person, other than a member of a Federal, State or munici-
          pal law enforcement agency, shall introduce or possess, either upon the
          person or within a vehicle, or use any firearm
          or any instrument or weapon
          the propelling force of which is a spring, rubber or air or any ammuni-
          tion or propellant therefor, or a bow and arrow, except for hunting where
          permitted by a rule or regulation of a regional park, recreation and his-
          toric preservation commission or pursuant to a permit issued according
          to the provisions of section 376.1(r)* of this Title.
          (2) Any person employed by a private security

New York State Park Rules and Regulations Section 375.1 subsection (P)
          Well I work for a State LE agency. So I should be good?
          New York State Correction Officers have Peace Officer status under section 2.10(25) of the New York State Criminal Procedure Law. This authorizes them to make warrantless arrests, searches and carry and use a concealed/un-concealed firearm(s), and use physical and deadly physical force. New York State Correction Officers have Peace Officer status while both on duty and off duty.
          Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-01-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Yes. Even if the law didn't state that, the NYS Park Police guys stations down in NYC are aces. You can call if you want (212) 866-3100 and ask to speak to the Park Police.

Comment

why dont you just ask your supervisor?

Comment

Yes. Even if the law didn't state that, the NYS Park Police guys stations down in NYC are aces. You can call if you want (212) 866-3100 and ask to speak to the Park Police.
                Thanks MR. NYPD

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower View Post
                  why dont you just ask your supervisor?
                  Supervisors on my job dont know anything about anything about anything to do with CCW anywhere on in NYS. I got the info I wanted. A link to NYS Park Police and copy of the official park rules. But thank 4 your advice.

Comment

If you have a CCW and can carry on your shield and ID card...put the permit away. If you get stopped and the permit is found, it will cause nothing but confusion. NYS DOC are good to go on their creds......why muddy the waters?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                      If you have a CCW and can carry on your shield and ID card...put the permit away. If you get stopped and the permit is found, it will cause nothing but confusion. NYS DOC are good to go on their creds......why muddy the waters?
                      I didn't remember referring to ever having a NYS Pistol Permit. Nor would I display one to ID myself as a legal possessor of a firearm if I had one, especially since by NYS state law I can CCW 99% of places by virtue of my PO status alone. I know I am good to go everywhere except Federal Grounds, but I just wanted to clear up a debate I had with a fellow Officer about him thinking we are not allowed to CCW in STATE PARKS. So let the waters stay clear and fresh.
                      Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-01-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

CCW is usally a reference to like a CCW permit. Its used differently on the forum and some guys assume permit.

Anyway, those laws and regulations do not apply to any law enforcement officer. Applies to civilians only.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Jailer....My apologies....as NYCTNT indicated, I interpreted CCW to mean a permit.....in a couple of other threads NY LEOs have talked about having a permit while carrying on their ID....something I found in my experience can only give you a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            Jailer....My apologies....as NYCTNT indicated, I interpreted CCW to mean a permit.....in a couple of other threads NY LEOs have talked about having a permit while carrying on their ID....something I found in my experience can only give you a headache.
                            Yeah I didnt know CCW refered to permit I thoght it meant Carry Concealed Weapon, which is how all off-duty officers must have their firearms. But I stand corrected. But I can see maybe you dont want the On-duty LEO to know where you work as it my be none of their business and you are a legal permit holder and CCW your firearm and just show him that and be on your way. Whether you are permit holder or on the job, where would the headache come into play, unless the on-duty LEO dosent know the rules that they are enforceing.

Comment

Pretty much most LEO's in NYS do know that CO's have arrest and firearms authority.

Dont sweat it, your good to go. Relax and have a good day at the park!
                              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6142 users online. 337 members and 5805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X