Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you on that kdiaz2029, being optimistic is the best way to approach this test. I will be very optimistic as well. Good luck to you.

Comment

[QUOTE=kdiaz2029;2002786]basically as long as you pass the test (zone 5 having scores 75-79) and live in Yonkers you have a shot, but even if you score a 100 all residents get preference before you- it makes me question if Yonkers truly does have enough qualified applicants. All are qualified, but is it more important to hire acceptable vs exceptional applicants? It seems like being a resident is the only major quality needed to have a real opportunity. Moving to Yonkers would be the only solution to have a true shot which is unfortunate, I guess it won't really matter how well I test. I'll still try to be optimistic about it thoughQUOTE]

This is absolutely correct. However this is one of the very few times that Yonkers has made it this far down a list. They are in desperate need of PO's however they are only down about 35 or so cops plus the people who retire in between recruit classes. There is a group from Yonkers currently in the academy. Also, with this list that is going to expire, they hired about 150 cops in the last 4 years, and hired quite a bit off the list before that, so for the most part, the YPD is a fairly young department with more and more people less eligible for retirement, so the opportunities will be limited from this next list. If your both a resident and score well, youve got a pretty good shot, but otherwise, I hate to say, especially for a non-resident of Yonkers, its near impossible.

Comment

Hello. Just joined the forum after filing the application for the YPD test and I've been reading around. I didn't wanna start a new thread since there was one already for this exam date, so I just thought I'd ask a few questions here.

On the exam notice, it says salary is $57k, but from this thread it sounds like YPD's announcements lack some important details. Does that mean starting salary or after academy, probationary period, etc.?

A few articles state that officers earn well over 100k (after OT) but I thought it sounded unusual. From what Ive read only Suffolk's pay is that high. Anyway, seems YPD has a much higher salary than other nearby and state agencies, but I wasn't sure. Does anyone have any idea if its possible, or are there other dept's that have comparable pay?

Thanks

Comment

currently the salary while in the academy.
          Last edited by 08NY; 03-21-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

the range is 57k-88k

Last edited by wannabe50; 10-11-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

88k is top pay for detectives.

81k is top pay for PO's.

Comment

Originally posted by 08NY View Post
                88k is top pay for detectives.

81k is top pay for PO's.
                good observation!
                Last edited by wannabe50; 10-13-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Anyone get their notices yet for the exam?
                  You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog24 View Post
                    Anyone get their notices yet for the exam?
                    Yeah I did, received it a couple of days ago.
                    It's not what you know it's WHO you know!

Comment

They cashed my check so I should be getting something this week. One of the guys I work with got his notification for the test. How is this department? Do they have numbers they have to meet, how do they get treated by the job and whats the work schedule like?

Comment

I got my notice a few days ago. I crossed filed with MtVernon and will be taking the exam at MtVernon High School.
                        Exam 8322
                        List# 5XX
                        Medical: Passed
                        Written: Passed
                        Oral: Passed
                        Meet with BI: Done
                        JST: Passed
                        1st Mini-Med: Passed
                        2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Got it

Got my Yonkers PD test notification. I just hope I can find parking that day.

Comment

Still nothing for me. I will wait until Monday before I stress out and start calling.
                            You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6436 users online. 333 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X