• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
    Yeah kudos to Yonkers
    +1

Comment

Does anyone know if they are still under Federal Review?

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
        Does anyone know if they are still under Federal Review?
        Edit: 08NY Answered
        Last edited by JoeS10566; 08-29-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

The Yonkers Police Dept. was cleared by the US Justice Dept. on all allegations of police brutality and police misconduct. They did give the PD a list of recommendations that they believe should be implemented such as updating the policy and procedure manual, making everyone wear name plates under their shields, extending the field training for new guys and re writing the use of force policy in more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by 08NY View Post
            The Yonkers Police Dept. was cleared by the US Justice Dept. on all allegations of police brutality and police misconduct. They did give the PD a list of recommendations that they believe should be implemented such as updating the policy and procedure manual, making everyone wear name plates under their shields, extending the field training for new guys and re writing the use of force policy in more detail.
            ^^^^^ which means there is some truth to the allegations of brutality and misconduct, I mean not having to wear a nameplate and all...... Kudos to Yonkers PD lol

Comment

well the only time I ever had contact with YPD it was very very very negative. The cop was very confrontational from the get go and didn't care that we ( my driver and I) were both cops and my driver was also in a military uniform at the time...
              I still would jump on the opportunity to work for them, it's all about the $ really...

Comment

Originally posted by gunslash View Post
                well the only time I ever had contact with YPD it was very very very negative. The cop was very confrontational from the get go and didn't care that we ( my driver and I) were both cops and my driver was also in a military uniform at the time...
                I still would jump on the opportunity to work for them, it's all about the $ really...
                He didn't write you did he?

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                  He didn't write you did he?
                  no of course not, he was still a ****** though....
                  though i've ran into a lota ******* on my side of the job as well, so I know better then to generalize of course...

Comment

Wannebe50 - You are wrong, they are not doing PAT's for people in the 70's right now and you are wrong about the "must get an 85 or higher to be looked at" statement. The people who were notified for their PAT are currently from Zone 4 (80-84) and Zone 5 (75-79).
                    lol are you serious? sept 13th is the physical for people with 70s.... if you would recall the list that was established in 01 you NEEDED an 85, and on this list no one scored higher than a 95... TRUST me on this.. if you doubt me call the civil service office 377-6092/3 lol and ask them what zone is being tested

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe50 View Post
                      lol are you serious? sept 13th is the physical for people with 70s.... if you would recall the list that was established in 01 you NEEDED an 85, and on this list no one scored higher than a 95... TRUST me on this.. if you doubt me call the civil service office 377-6092/3 lol and ask them what zone is being tested
                      Are you sure that the PAT is for people with 70+ and not people with 75-79? I usually wont post if I have any doubt that I could be wrong but I stand corrected if I was.

You would know better than me about the 2001 test, I dont know anything about that one. I just know that on the current test you didnt need an 85 or better.

And I dont disagree with you about no one scoring higher than a 95 on this test, that is correct.

Any other information I posted about Yonkers, I am 100% on.

Comment

Are you sure that the PAT is for people with 70+ and not people with 75-79? I usually wont post if I have any doubt that I could be wrong but I stand corrected if I was.

You would know better than me about the 2001 test, I dont know anything about that one. I just know that on the current test you didnt need an 85 or better.

And I dont disagree with you about no one scoring higher than a 95 on this test, that is correct.

Any other information I posted about Yonkers, I am 100% on.
                        Yup I'm 100% on the 70s, they're at the bottom of the barrel (resident list atleast)... I posted earlier that you HAD to get an 85 to be looked at but this current list is def a fluke. Possibly due to the fact that everyone found it very difficult. The current list they are pretty much through all of the 80s and have hired 150 guys. But for whoever's taken the 11/14 test, def shoot for atleast an 85 to be in good shape. Who knows whats gonna happen.

Comment

so what about people that live around yonkers....like people in riverdale?
                          Exam 8051
                          Medical PASSED
                          JST PASSED
                          Written and Oral Psych PASSED AND PASSED
                          Meeting with BI DONE
                          Mini-Med DONE and prob passed

"Goonies"

3Q and Nervous and anxious and a bunch of other emotions all at the same time

Patiently Waiting...

"OBSTACLES ARE ONLY WHAT YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYE OFF THE GOAL"

Comment

Originally posted by PODJ87 View Post
                            so what about people that live around yonkers....like people in riverdale?
                            You'd be on the non resident list since Riverdale is in the Bronx.

Comment

I just applied for the Yonkers exam. A friend of mine told me they are in desperate need for cops. On their website, it states:

Candidates must be legal residents of Westchester, Nassau, Putnam, Rockland or Bronx County for at least three (3) months immediately preceding the date of the written examination and continuously up to and including the date of appointment. PREFERENCE IN APPOINTMENT WILL BE GIVEN TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CITY OF YONKERS FOR AT LEAST THREE (3) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND CONTINUOUSLY UP TO AND INCLUDING THE DATE OF APPOINTMENT.

So, yes, they will most likely hire people who live in Yonkers, but hell, I'm a resident of Nassau. For that, they can't completely count me out, considering it clearly states Nassau as a county for eligibility.

Comment

zoning?

people who were notified for their PAT are currently from Zone 5 (75-79). Residents are followed by non residents. So if a non resident writes a 100, he is processed after all residents have been processed, which is never.
                                basically as long as you pass the test (zone 5 having scores 75-79) and live in Yonkers you have a shot, but even if you score a 100 all residents get preference before you- it makes me question if Yonkers truly does have enough qualified applicants. All are qualified, but is it more important to hire acceptable vs exceptional applicants? It seems like being a resident is the only major quality needed to have a real opportunity. Moving to Yonkers would be the only solution to have a true shot which is unfortunate, I guess it won't really matter how well I test. I'll still try to be optimistic about it though

Originally posted by NyPd G View Post
                                I have a cousin who works for Yonkers PD and resides in the bronx and always has it took him 3 years after he took the test.
                                NyPdG out of curiosity what score or zone did he get on his test three years ago? was he NYPD?
                                Last edited by kdiaz2029; 10-01-2009, 03:36 AM. Reason: error

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6515 users online. 355 members and 6160 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X