300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nypd quest program

When does the nypd offer the quest program for people who live out of state or in upstate ny? Would they offer this in September?

http://nypdrecruit.com/PDF/QUESTFlyer.pdf

http://nypdrecruit.com/NYPD_TheHiringProcess.aspx
    NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
    * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
    * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
    * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
    * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
    * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
    * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

You would have to call the number on the flyer. Only they would know.
      NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
      * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
      * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
      * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
      * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
      * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
      * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

about this program...i live in NJ Jersey City...its bout 20 min away from the city and that would pretty much make me unqualified for the Quest but i am also a veteran who acknowledge that the N.Y.P.D website will provide consideration for vets being in Quest....but at times when i do call these numbers i would get mixed reply that i ain't qualify because i live to near and other times i am qualify but not at this time ( not up to your test yet)....so what is the actually answer...

Comment

You live in jersey city, they won't put you in the program. that program is for people that live in like ohio and florida. when i was going through there was a kid that lived in PA that asked about it at the first phase and he got ripped into. You live in JC, you should have no problem making it to appointments. On another note, if ur a vet you should be taking the LEE for NJ. You would get a job in no time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
            about this program...i live in NJ Jersey City...its bout 20 min away from the city and that would pretty much make me unqualified for the Quest but i am also a veteran who acknowledge that the N.Y.P.D website will provide consideration for vets being in Quest....but at times when i do call these numbers i would get mixed reply that i ain't qualify because i live to near and other times i am qualify but not at this time ( not up to your test yet)....so what is the actually answer...
            As stated, the QUEST program is for those out of state, yes NJ is right there, but in reality they are looking at those who may live in Cali, Florida, etc. As far as being a VET, thanks for your service, but the QUEST for military are those who are on Active Duty or thats the way it use to be. Other then that, unless you reside in NY State you will not get any Vet points. Just use your GI bill while in the Academy.
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

i see....thanks guys....suck that i can't even get the call yet to medical....

Comment

Is the Quest program even still available to those of us out of state? Or since there is a hiring freeze has it been stopped. Just wondering if anyone has done the Quest program as of late. I hope to be able to do it, and yes I know NYPD has a backlog of applicants but I still want to get my name on a their list at the very least.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9661 users online. 452 members and 9209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X