the call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the call

Cross posted in July 2009 academy thread... so does anybody have plans this weekend? Is everyone sitting by their phones for the next four days?

all of my transactions with apd or my investigator have been by my cell, will they call my house if i do get the big call? what happens if no one is home?? ill be working all weekend and dont have an answering machine, im hoping they would call me on my cell....

Comment

My worries too, especially since my BI has only ever called my home phone and I've never actually been home to pick up. I would end up calling back on my cell or work number. And yes, my BI had both those numbers.

I'm trying to figure out what type of plans I should be making this weekend. It would really suck to stay home for 4 days, but it would suck even more to miss the call and not get into the academy.

I've already turned down a 4th of July movie date since I know I would get no cell phone reception in the movie theater we would go to.

Comment

Originally posted by AuxNY View Post
        My worries too, especially since my BI has only ever called my home phone and I've never actually been home to pick up. I would end up calling back on my cell or work number. And yes, my BI had both those numbers.

I'm trying to figure out what type of plans I should be making this weekend. It would really suck to stay home for 4 days, but it would suck even more to miss the call and not get into the academy.

I've already turned down a 4th of July movie date since I know I would get no cell phone reception in the movie theater we would go to.

If you have Optimum voice you can foward your home phone to your cell phone at no cost. If you have a different phone service you can look into there code to foward all calls to your cell. There might be a small charge for that. Only a few days left.

Comment

Anyone know how I would forward calls from a verizon land line to an at&t cell phone? Google isn't helping me much....

Comment

Isn't there something where you can check your voice mail on your home telephone line from a cellphone?
            Keepin' the main thing, the main thing!

Comment

Anyone know how I would forward calls from a verizon land line to an at&t cell phone? Google isn't helping me much....
              From the Verizon website.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board...message.id=641

ACTIVATION
              1.Listen for dial tone.
              2.Press *72 or 72#
              3.At the tone, dial the TN # calls are to be forwarded to
              4.When the call is answered ,the feature is ON. If the call is not answered, just repeat the steps and even though not answered will activate feature.

DEACTIVATION
              1. Lift the handset and listen for dial tone. 2. Press *73 or 73#. (Rotary dial 1-1-7-3).

Comment

I dial 72#, then the number. Then answer the ringing phone. To take it off, 73#.

Comment

Originally posted by JdotB View Post
                  Isn't there something where you can check your voice mail on your home telephone line from a cellphone?
                  I can check my home voice mail from my cell phone. I'm worried that whomever calls me to say I got into the class (fingers crossed that I get in) skips over me if no one picks up the line.

Comment

Originally posted by PBXTech View Post
                    From the Verizon website.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board...message.id=641

ACTIVATION
                    1.Listen for dial tone.
                    2.Press *72 or 72#
                    3.At the tone, dial the TN # calls are to be forwarded to
                    4.When the call is answered ,the feature is ON. If the call is not answered, just repeat the steps and even though not answered will activate feature.

DEACTIVATION
                    1. Lift the handset and listen for dial tone. 2. Press *73 or 73#. (Rotary dial 1-1-7-3).
                    Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EldoEsq View Post
                      I dial 72#, then the number. Then answer the ringing phone. To take it off, 73#.
                      Thank you too!

Comment

I can check my home voice mail from my cell phone. I'm worried that whomever calls me to say I got into the class (fingers crossed that I get in) skips over me if no one picks up the line.
                        I wouldnt worry about it....thats why they ask for both numbers at the mini med. They will call both phones and leave messages....if you dont call them back then you will get skiped but its not like oh no answer next! Im getting real ancy as well but a few more days will tell all i guess. Good luck guys and have a good time this weekend...get your mind off things a little.

Comment

Good luck guys, i hope not everyone is giving their hopes up. Sorry to be negative but we have no clue who they will call. So just relax have a nice 4th and if you get called great for you . I hope i am wrong and a surge of money comes in and we all get called. LOL... It will actuallly prob. happen since i am on hold again. So i will miss that surge, just my luck lol.

Comment

ooo question for the new hires for july, are you gona stay with us? Everyone seems to leave us once they get hired. I understand tho, its a lot of work.

Comment

I may have well left....cause whenever I post something....it gets zero response lol........especially in the jan 09 board

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10078 users online. 373 members and 9705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X